Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400, Video prob

Hi
    Im having a total pain of a time getting everything working i have a new Marvel, motherboard (Jetway BX2000) and p3 450
    but my current prob is this
    i am running 5.30 and vid tools .51
    when i open a capture window the vid and sound is fine
    but when i double click
    there is flashing a frame from the vid stuck on screen.
    when i resize window again its fine???
    if i gradually increase window size, it happens after a certain point in size again

what gives???????
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Hi CMB,

I don't have enough G400 data to be able to solve your problem on the fly, especially with mobo combinations

I'm using PD 5.25.019 and VT 1.51.024 and haven't seen any problems like you describe.

What utility are you using for capture?

Comment

hi This_idiot
      i am using the matrox video power thingy
      (the remote control)

ive fiddled a bit since and ive found its just the display on the monitor thats affected, the tv output is fine :O)

if you look in the readme for the latest video tools under issues
      it states that there is a problem playing back tv/line in files or captured mjpegs
      let me find it....... here we go..

There are maximum video window sizes for viewing video files recorded
      with MJPEG and live video ("TV" or "LINE" input). These maximum video
      window sizes depend on your display settings and graphics card. For more
      information, see the "Display information" section of the manual for your
      Matrox video editing card.

weird huh????

its fine when its the default small size,
      and even if i stretch it bigger, but as it approachs nearly filling my monitor BAMMMM

ah well, its not too much of a prob and at least matrox know about it so a fix is on the way???/

but it would be bummer if i wanted to watch TV on my monitor full screen.

its a good job i dont have a tv areial conneted or id be po'ed :O)

(does anyone remember that on 3DO incidently, a top class game :O)

thanks for trying this_Idiot

hows your review of the marvel coming????
      Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Hi,

The review is complete and sitting on the site ready for me to link up. I want to review it one more time in the light of day to check that the HTML conversion hasn't screwed up (it being extremely late on a Friday night here in the UK). Expect the link tomorrow.

OK, I see what you are driving at now. What screen res are you using ? On the PII 233 that I am using for the review I didn't have a problem pushing TV in to a 1024*768 16bit desktop.

BTW, were you impressed with the TV-O ?

Comment

hi,
          im in 32bit 800x600

i like the tv out
          the dvd playback is good
          (though im still looking for away to get rid of the 'jitter' when playing NTSC DVD's on my 32" Pal Widescreen tv :O)

i did try the clone tv-out thing and was very dissapointed to see that its the same as the old marvel
          ie. a black box, an inch of black outlining the picture
          unless theres an option to resize that i missed....
          i never use it thats why im not annoyed by it.
          but still i thought theyd have fixed that by now

its a good job that the DVDMAX thing doesnt do that or there'd be hell to pay.. grrrrrrr

Comment

just thought id add
            you can get rid od the black borders on tv out
            while in clone mode go to change this display in the properties and then watch in awe for as you change the width and height the tv image will also, cool huh :O)
            then just resize your monitor using the monitor controls not software, Voila...

Comment

Working...
            X