G400Max DualHead 2 monitor setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max DualHead 2 monitor setup question

I have a G400 MAX DualHead and I am finally getting around to using the DualHead feature. I have a 19" Trinitron and a 17" NEC as the second monitor. Trin is running at 1600x1200. I am also using Windows 2000 Professional.

When i went into display settings to turn on the DualHead feature i chose the DualHead Multi-Display mode.

What I want to do is run 1600x1200 on the 19" monitor and 1024x768 or 1280x1024 on the 17" monitor.

When I tried setting it up it defaulted to 1280x1024 on both monitors. This is not acceptable. Is there any way to manually set it how I want?

Secondly, if possible I was wondering if I could have 2 desktops with their own taskbars on each monitor. I don't like looking over to the 2nd monitor for the system tray items. Is this something I cannot change and I just have to accept?

Mainly I want to be able to watch TV in a window on the 2nd monitor and have my ICQ list, AOL IM, Winamp, and other random assorted non-necessities running on the other monitor as well as other IE browser windows.

Thanks for any help/info you can provide.

dev

about the different res. thing:

go to the Microsoft Headquarters, and demand full dualhead support

Comment

This is a current limitation of Win2K. It doesn't support dualhead (from a single chip) properly.
      You can only "stretch" your desktop across your monitors. They must be at the same resolution.
      If you must have separate desktops, you will need to use/dualboot with Win98.

And afaik, there is no way to have 2 separate taskbars...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Wow! Fast responses.
        I was unaware of win2k lacking full dualhead support. Anyone know when this is going to be available? and is it something that Matrox can fix or something that MS has to do?

Right now dualhead sucks for me then.

Thanks

dev

Comment

It was supposed to be in SP1.
          It's not.
          So it's anybody's guess.
          According to Matrox, it's something MS needs to deal with. NT4 has the same limitations.
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
          X