Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matrox G400 Win2k Driver bug site is up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Win2k Driver bug site is up!

I finally finished the G400 Win2k driver bug site. There are not many bugs on it right now, but I hope to add more as more people will send in their bug report to me.
    http://dzeus.student.utwente.nl/g400

I still have to investigate and possibly add the following issues:
    OpenGL fade bug in Kingpin?
    Fog in NFS series? Heard that was kind of fixed?

Ok, I have a few you could add: (5.10 beta)

Messiah Compatibility test: Doesn´t work. It worked fine with 5.0x.
    Motoracer2: Doesn´t work. It worked with 5.0x

Shogo MAD:Works, but the sky is currupted (the textures in the polygons seem to be shimmering) Didn´t do that before.

Half-life 1.0.1.6: HL in OGL is currupted, black and coloured lines all over the screen. Works fine in d3d and with 5.06 drivers ICD.

Swedish Touring Car Championship demo: Doesn´t work. Worked fine with 5.0x.

TOCA2: DOESN´T WORK It worked fine (with a reg hack from NTcompatible.com) with 5.06. Reports a DirectX error.

Ultimate Race Pro: Doesn´t work "make sure your video card supports 16bit modes and install DirectX5 or higher". Worked fine with 5.0x.

Quake III arena: 10% less performance.

Motorcross Madness 2 Trial: It doesn´t work. Runs fine with 5.0x.

Serious SAM test: Same crap lines on the screen like half-life.

Final reality doesn´t work anymore

3dMark2k keeps exiting to windows.

Is this enough for a start?

Comment

Wait, Wait.
      Ok, I found what I was doing wrong. I was using the win 98 .mpr monitor customization file, and (don´t know why) didn´t get 640x480 and 800x600 modes reported to directx

Using windows default monitor MR2, Ultimate race, Messiah, TOCA2 and final reality work now.

Gee. My fault.

Comment

Well, I only had the time to test out Final Reality, and that worked just fine, so I suspected something dodgy already there... I will test the others issues that reamin as soon as possible

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 18 June 2000).]

Comment

I am unable to see my cursor to the right of the left margin in a Word 97 document. To the left of the left margin, it is visible normally. Does not happen with previous driver version (5.03).

650e PIII @ 806 Mhz w/stock heatsink/fan, ABIT BE6, 256 MB Mushkin PC133 + G400 MAX, CL SB Live with Sennheiser HD-600 headphones, Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, and Shure FP22 headphone amplifier, IBM Deskstar 13 GB ATA66 HD, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM Ultrastar 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WD Enterprise 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, Plexwriter 8/4/32A, Win2K, in a modified Supermicro SC750A case, and a partridge in a pear tree.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 19 June 2000).]

Comment

Working...
          X