dO WE ALREADY HAVE G450 CHIPS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dO WE ALREADY HAVE G450 CHIPS??

I was wondering if in the new g400 matraox is putting in the g450 chips with just plain old sgram. The new chip can't just support ddr.
    The reasoning is that it is pointless ordering 2 different chips just flash the bios differently.
    It would be interesting to see how far a new vs old max would go.

Any comments
    Pete

Is the rage fury max a good solution.
    It would be good if they could come up with a power vr style technology. (Tile based)

seems VERY unlikely to me...

and the Rage Furry Max is NOT a good solution, since it is made by ATI (you know what that means).

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 15 June 2000).]

Comment

I don't see why it isn't possible that we may already have the .18 micron chips on our G400's (I mean very recent batches).

It has happened before with the G200. I have a REV A Milennium G200 at .35 micron with heatsink. then a few months later .25 micron milennium g200's came out and no press release from matrox happened then you could tell by ther lack of a heatsink. Then the G250 came out with higher speed. Did matrox design a new chip?? no it was just a shrunk g200 chip.

I think one of the reasons that matrox don't release clock speeds is that as a design becomes more refined etc. They bump up the clockspeeds through drivers etc.

Pete

Comment

The G450 has a hell lot more differences than *just* clockspeed. That's why I think it's very unlikely.

If there are real 0.18micron G400/450 on G400 boards, you would at least get reports from people who can overclock to rediculous high speeds

Comment

I dont think so, as we might notice. Vendors that looked would. .18 micron is noticably smaller than a .25 micron chip. I think someone would have noticed.

Comment

Working...
          X