Dual TFT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual TFT

A friend of mine is interested in getting two TFT monitors for a dual monitor setup. I suggested him to buy a G400, or maybe to wait for the G450 as it will have an integrated DVI connector.
    As I understand, I only will be able to connect ONE TFT with the digital connection, and will have to connect the other one to the analog. Or can I connect two DVI monitors to the G450? humm...
    Is the difference between VGA and DVI noticeable? In other words, would I see any difference between the monitor connected to DVI and the other one connected to VGA?
    Thanks, and greetings
    seba
    Asus P5A - AMD K6-III 450 MHz - 128 MB PC-100 RAM - Matrox Millennium G400 32MB DH - SoundBlaster Live! - Pinnacle Studio PCTV pro

Here's an excerpt from a white paper on the Matrox site:

"Compatible with next-generation Digital Flat Panels, the Matrox G400 can support a Digital Flat Panel as the primary or secondary output. The Matrox G400 can also support two analog flat panels simultaneously for a desktop size of up to 2560 x 1024".

IOW, If your friend is willing to make one (or both) TFT's of the analog variety, it should work. It's sounds like a no-go on dual digital flat panels.

The whitepaper is listed under "Matrox DualHead Display" on the G400 technical info page.

Hope this helps. I'm planning to order my G400 this week!

Comment

Working...
    X