Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k New Drivers Bugs

Well, here goes:

OpenGL Fade Modes: STILL BROKEN. This affects Daikatana's cutscenes, as well as the screen saver Euphoria. You get flickers of the whole screen instead of the whole screen.

SMP in Quake3: STILL BROKEN. It's better, but still crashes after a few minutes. Graphical corruption has gone though, so I imagine it's getting there.

Shadows in Quake3: FIXED! YAY!

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Ok, Quake 3 in 1152x864 doesn't work well, the display screen is not 1152x864 ! I return under 1024x864

Unreal Tournament ok, good
    Soldier of fortune, humm not a lot of improvement
    Rally masters, argh ! It doesn't work using this beta driver ! Why ?? It did work using the 5.03

That's all for now

Comment

Shadows in Q3 are fixed in 16 bit colour modes. Not in 32 bit.
      Q3 performance dropped 10%, what seems very odd, because Q2 fps jumped up.

Update: Motoracer2, Forsaken, Test Drive6, Tomb Raider IV, Ultimate race pro, Final reality don´t work anymore. Probably more things are broken, I just didn´t bother to check more. The drivers don´t report 640x480 and 800x600 modes to several apps.

Sorry, but unless I´m doing something very wrong here (I will try to reinstall the drivers), these drivers are just plain and utterly BROKEN.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 13 June 2000).]

Comment

I don't get the Q3A shadow problem, not even in 32 bit any more :-)

and the performance did increase quite a lot on my machine (celeron 366) in opengl, also in q3a.

Comment

What happened to hardware window transparency? I hope this makes it back into the release version.

Paul

Comment

Q3 in SMP mode now works, but is 20% slower than r_smp 0. I guess this means there is some serious blocking going on in the driver, so much so that it is stalling Q3. I'm wondering if this is as good as gets without a multithreaded driver? Wonder if we will ever get one of those?

Paul

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the window transparency thing. With these new drivers I have to turn off WindowFX, it's just too nasty for words (buggy, slow, etc.)

r_smp 1 just causes Q3A to hang for me. If it works for you it could be something else causing my problem, I suppose. Perhaps cooling or something, although my machine isn't overclocked at all... could be a voltage issue. I'll play with it some more and see what's up. It seemed faster to me while it did run, but I hadn't tried r_smp 0, which is hella fast with these new drivers.

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Gurm, what are you doing playing Daikatana???
                Asus A7V133, Duron 750@847, 512mb PC133 Crucial RAM, G400 DH, Maxtor 7200rpm 40 & 15GB, Liteon 16/10/32, Samsung 12x DVD, SB-Live, D-Link NIC

Comment

What's up with the transparency? It works as usual with me on a 32bpp desktop.
                  P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Any reasons to move to 5.10?
                    Shadows in Q3A? Ok...
                    What else? Any problems upgrading?
                    Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

P3-550@630 115mhz bus X5.5
                      Abit BE6 rv1
                      Matrox G400 AGP 32m SH OEM
                      PC-100 128m Generic
                      Maxtor 27.2g 7200rpm DMA/66
                      Windows 2000 Professional
                      Clean installation. (Only Windows 2000 and Matrox G400 5.10 drivers)

P3 32b 16b

640X480 =3124 *
                      800X600 =2873 *
                      1024X768=2149 *

D3D Soft T&L

640X480 =2703 2736
                      800X600 =2568 2680
                      1024X768=2046 2439

*Unable to perform. 3DMARK 2000 crashes.

Quake3

Delete Q3config.cfg in baseq3 directory.
                      All settings to the MAX in the menu where you switch resolution. No other changes were made.

1024X768=20.7
                      800X600=30.8
                      640X480=41.7

Able to switch to destop in 1024X768 and 800X600 in Quake 3. When in 640X480 in Quake unable
                      to switch to desktop because grahics are corrupted (have to reboot). Also in 1024X768 &
                      800X600 when switch to desktop, desktop colors are corrupted to white.

When you install the new Creative DXR3 beta Windows 2000 drivers along with the 5.10 drivers
                      you are only allowed 640X480 & 800X600 in 16colors in Windows 2000. The only way I have
                      found to fix this is to reinstall Windows 2000 and only install the 5.10 drivers. Previous
                      Matrox drivers did not have this problem with the Beta Dxr3 drivers.
                      C:\DOS
                      C:\DOS\RUN
                      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Okay figure this out, I unistall the old Win2K drivers and use the Standard VGA drivers and then reinstall the new beta drivers everthing works and I don't have to reboot. Okay I run some games and everthing still works, I try to reboot and after its says windows is shutting down the box goes away and the screen locks up and the mouse won't move. I hit the restart button and the it reboots and get back into windows, but I am stuck in 16 colors and 800x600 rez can't go any higher. My system config is listed below in my sig.

------------------
                        I am one reboot away from prefection

Sys stats:
                        Athlon 800mhz
                        Epox EP-7KXA
                        256MB PC-133 ram
                        Matrox G400 32mb SGRAM SoundBlaster Live MP3+
                        PC-DVD Encore 6x/Dxr3 card
                        33.6 modem (Woohoo ) 28.0 gig Seagate Barrcuda drive 7200rpm baby!!!

www.3dpower.net The coolest place on the net besides this one!!!
                        Staff Member and SuperGeek of the Year at
                        <A HREF="http://www.3dpower.net
                        ski@3dpower.net" TARGET=_blank>www.3dpower.net
                        ski@3dpower.net</A>

Comment

Did you install the beta dxr3 drivers?
                          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Yep sure did, is that is what causing the problem?

------------------
                            I am one reboot away from prefection

Sys stats:
                            Athlon 800mhz
                            Epox EP-7KXA
                            256MB PC-133 ram
                            Matrox G400 32mb SGRAM SoundBlaster Live MP3+
                            PC-DVD Encore 6x/Dxr3 card
                            33.6 modem (Woohoo ) 28.0 gig Seagate Barrcuda drive 7200rpm baby!!!

www.3dpower.net The coolest place on the net besides this one!!!
                            Staff Member and SuperGeek of the Year at
                            <A HREF="http://www.3dpower.net
                            ski@3dpower.net" TARGET=_blank>www.3dpower.net
                            ski@3dpower.net</A>

Comment

yup
                              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
                              X