Problems with 6.00 Beta and VIA 133a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with 6.00 Beta and VIA 133a

Looks like Matrox is ALMOST there. Installed Beta 6.00 and loaded up a few apps. Quake and Motocross Madness locked after about 10 min using AGP 4x. Forced 2x, and so far so good. Definate speed increase from 5.41. NOW, let's work on the 4x thing....

Need to try System Shock 2 tho...

Hey! System Shock 2 even works! Damn! Now...fix the 4x transfers and I'll never buy anyone elses vid card again!

Comment

What? Posting to your own thread AGAIN?

Yup...looks like the Matrox Tweak Utility is busted with these drivers. Damn! Still, I get better frame rates with the new drivers and no o'clock than with the old ones and o'clocked.

FIX 4x!

Comment

Quite a monologue there, Echo

Yup, the Matrox Tweak Util doesn't work with these beta's. Maybe tomorrow there's a new MTU.

Not that I used it that much lately. I only had 800x600 and 1024x768 OC'ed, and my monitor runs standard at 1152x864

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

EchoWars:
          why the hell are you whining about 4x AGP? you won't see a speed increase using it, so WTF?

I've heard game-programmers saying the whole AGP texturing thing is outdated, and the speed increase from 1x AGP to 4x AGP is not really as big as they hoped. AGP4x is just a marketing thingie...

Comment

Trust me..I know about 4x and hype. My only point here is that I like to see everything work. Intentionally disabling something goes agenst my grain..(or something...) If it's there, I want it to work, whether it makes a difference or not. Guess it's a hardware geek thing

Comment

I know how you fell echo if I paid for the damn 4x agp then I want it to work then.

------------------
              I am one reboot away from prefection

Sys stats:
              Athlon 800mhz
              Epox EP-7KXA
              256MB PC-133 ram
              Matrox G400 32mb SGRAM SoundBlaster Live MP3+
              PC-DVD Encore 6x/Dxr3 card
              33.6 modem (Woohoo ) 28.0 gig Seagate Barrcuda drive 7200rpm baby!!!

www.3dpower.net The coolest place on the net besides this one!!!
              Staff Member and SuperGeek of the Year at
              <A HREF="http://www.3dpower.net
              ski@3dpower.net" TARGET=_blank>www.3dpower.net
              ski@3dpower.net</A>

Comment

Hey ski tell me how you go with it, I have almost exactly the same system as you, however I'm still unable to get much more than a solid black screen on the primary display with the 6.00 drivers ;[

Comment

Working...
                X