• Show
Clear All

• THANK YOU MATROX ! - PD6.0 BETA

Hi All,

I just installed the PD6 Beta for G400

and....

Not only has it fixed all the OGL probs I was getting

but....

I now get 3589 in 3dmark2000 !!!! (as opposed to 3039) (640x480 mode)

and 117 FPS in Quake3 Fastest setting as opposed to 105 which I used to get before on the BX. My High Quality score only gone up 6FPS to 51FPS though, still its enough.

Forget the GeFarce2, Im gonna wait till the G800 is out now, I dont want to miss this eye candy.

Oh and BTW, TurboGL now works for me too, though it only gives me around 2% increase now.

I am truly happy about this, thanks Matrox

However Ihave now fried my pentium 3 which was happily clocked to 690 on my P3V4x, in my anticipation and joy with the new drivers, I upped the voltage to 2.4 and increased FSB to 120 to see if I could get even more speed. But the damn thing wouldnt post, and now it only runs at 617 !

Sod it better get that coppermine now.

Awww so I guess this means yer keeping that G400 then?? that's ok, I prolly didn't wanna pay shipping anyways...

Good to here you got it running...
    Damn you must have been really rocking to think that the chip would take 2.4v...
    bud the Katimia core takes 2.3v max, with some crazys going to 2.4 with supercooling...

the chip may return to it's former glory, give it a few days, might wanna re-apply that thermal grease as the higher temp coulda displaced it alittle... well sometimes...

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Windows 2000:

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_2k/2000/beta_w2k510.exe

Windows 9x:

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_9x/2000/beta_w9x600.exe

• Box 2:
      • operating system: FreeBSD 4.1
      • CPU: Intel Pentium 60
      • memory: 32 MB
      • hard drive: Quantum Fireball 1 GB

legalize

Comment

Is it worth getting this 6.0 beta? Is it buggy? Any conflicts with games, DVD players, etc.? Does the TurboGL driver support Soldier of Fortune yet? Tia.
        Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

You no longer need the turboGL with those drivers.

Comment

Zwsich: How is that so? Is TurboGL driver embedded with the v6.0 drivers now? If not, then this will not be good. I need TurboGL because of Quake 2's graphic glitches (corrupted textures, flickering textures, etc.)
            Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

stringy - I fear its too late for my chip, the thing wont post more than 103FSB (617Mhz) whatever I do to it now.
              Also I cant get the heatsing off !
              Yeah, Im keeping this G400 now till the G800 arrives unless rampage is that much better. I still havent seen any card with better colour quality and sharpness - thats 2D and 3D.
              You see - winging really does work ! Thanks again M

Antdude - I have found a couple bugs using TurboGL, the textures go funny after playing for a while, and I need to reboot to fix this. However this could be cos I fried my processor - I dunno. The good news is TurboGL works superb with all I have tried it with, including Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Kingpin, Half Life and Heretic2 - I havent got Quake2 anymore so I cant verify but I reckon it should be fine.
              TurboGL gives me 5FPS more in Quake 3, than standard ICD - thats in Fastest setting and about 2 or 3 more in High Quality Mode.

Now to try the Win2k driver.

Comment

Working...
              X