Clone output on Productiva 100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clone output on Productiva 100?

I have a Windows NT 4.0 machine with Matrox Productiva 100 display card. It can display on two monitors simultaneously. The Matrox software drivers allow you to spread the windows desktop across both monitors.
    So, for example, if I set screen resolution to 800x600, I actually get a desktop that is 1600x600 spread across the two monitors sitting side by side.

What I want to be able to do is display a PowerPoint presentation (or any other application) on the left monitor and have the exact same thing echoed on to the right monitor. In other words, I want to copy what is displayed on one part of the windows desktop and show it on another part of the windows desktop.

According to Matrox technical support, the Productiva has individual graphics processing chips for each monitor and the output can not be echoed or "cloned" in this fashion.

Any ideas on a utility that would do this?
    Would something like Co-Session, Netmeeting or PcAnywhere be able to do this on the same PC?

Note that I can't use a screen capture utility since it needs to be updated in real time. Also, it's not really possible to run two copies of the presentation at the same time since they will drift out of sync.
    Finally, I do not want to add another video card or any other hardware.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Rich H.
Working...
X