Monitor Turns off!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Turns off!?!?

Ever since I moved my g400 to my via chipset based system, the monitor intermittently turns off and on. It will stay off for a while and then turn back on randomly.

Has anybody seen this kind of issue with the G400 and a Via chipset based system??? Or maybe my monitor is going bad???

I does not seem to be related to heat because it was doing this at 7AM this morning @ 65 degrees.

The Sys Specs:
    FIC2013 MB, 128 Meg PC100 RAM, AMD K6 350 (3.5x100), G400 Dual head - not a max.

Drivers: since I just installed this two weeks ago, I downloaded and installed all the latest drivers. Via 4-1, and Matrox 5.52

Thanks!!!

Just make sure nothing is wrong with the monitor. I had a problem like that at work and the monitor was the fault. Other than that I can't think of a reason. Probably because of the vodka I've been drinking, this being my last day at this job (officially). Start working as a network engineer on Monday!
    D**n it to hell use 5.41 or 5.30 drivers and not the later ones. I've got a FIC VA503+ and didn't even consider to user the drivers later than 5.41 because of issues reported on these forums with that combo.
    D**n Vodka

[This message has been edited by DentyCracker (edited 10 June 2000).]
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Ok Guys- an update....

1) Tried a different monitor and the same thing happens.

2) Tried 3 flavors of matrox drivers 5.25, 5.41, & 5.52 and the monitor still flakes out. Turns on & off.

Wierd, When the monitor is off, even if I re-boot (hard reset), it'll turn back off in the middle of the boot and maybe come back on or not. I can tell the computer is still booting cause the HD activity.

Currently I have the 5.41 drivers in and my next step is to re-seat the G400 or maybe all cards.

Any other ideas out there???

Comment

Oh yah, one more key note:

This is my girlfriend's computer that we're talking about and if I don't fix it, i'm in DEEP ----(you know what).

Comment

I hate to say it, but have you checked the simplest thing first? Check the power cord. If it plugs into the monitor with a male plug on the monitor and a female plug on the power cord and this is loose, any slight movement of the cord or the monitor could cause your problem. Also check the wall end of the power cord and the monitor connection to the G400 for the same problem.

Sorry if this is a bit simplistic. I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but I've spent time trying to solve this problem before and it happens a lot.

RAB
          AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
          X