Meteor Rev A/rev.02
    Matrox 571-0201

Anyone?

Damn!!

I've never heard of that..

Must be pre-Mill 1, huh??

good luck.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

It's not a consumer videocard. I think it's a frame grabber. Matrox makes tons of specialized display products which are rarely discussed on the MURC gaming forum. I think the Meteor II is still in production. There is still a lot of stuff about it on their website.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I was wrong. The "Meteor Family" was discontinued on January 1, 2000.

I checked out the Imaging FTP site, and it is difficult to tell what is what. There is certainly software for both the Meteor and Meteor II boards. I guess if you had a G400, you'd want the Matrox Orion.
        http://www.matrox.com/imaging/prod/frame_grabbers.htm

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/imaging/

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thanks Paulcs, I was there yesterday and I couldn't access the FTP. I still need to learn more about setting this card up.
          Meteor is a cool name.

Comment

I'd love to have a Matrox Corona ... whatever that may be

Frank, check the ftp site on ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/imaging/retired_products/meteor/ for their latest drivers there

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Sounds like a great cigar.

Comment

A beer is more like it.
                Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

This is whats there where are the drivers?

Matrox Meteor
                  Downloads

Files are zipped using the latest version of WinZip. If you do not have this version, download a copy from http://www.winzip.com/.

Demos for Meteor
                  demos.zip demos.zip Meteor demos March 13, 1997.............................(1/1)
                  multimet.zip multimet.zip Multiple Meteor in same system example.....(1/1)

Miscellaneous

Diagnostic Utilities for Matrox Meteor
                  metdiag.zip metdiag.zip Diagnostic Utilities for Matrox Meteor November 13, 1997...............(1/1)

multimet2.pdf multimet2.pdf Using Multiple Matrox Meteor in a system application note May 8, 1998.....(1/1)

meteor.pdf meteor.pdf Matrox Meteor PC Compatibility List May 8, 1998.....(1/1)

Comment

Maybe the Meteor II drivers are downwardly compatible.

Paul
                    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I've got one of these oldies in an image analysis system.

For some crazy reason all the old drivers are kept on Matrox's BBS (Matrox must be short of web server space with all these driver updates they spit out every week ). Why they haven't shifted *all* their drivers over to ftp god knows. BBS is archaic and pain in the a** for those who have to access from overseas.

Email Matrox Imaging Tech support and they'll point you in the right direction as to which drivers you need and exactly where to get them.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X