Marvel G400 AGP 1x/2x on BE-6II: How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400 AGP 1x/2x on BE-6II: How?

How do I set the AGP setting (1X, 2X, etc) for the G400 Marvel on an Abit Be-6II motherboard?

it should be set automatically to AGP2x, unless you OC it too high and/or have your FSB/AGP divider set to 1/1 instead of 2/3 ...

If you want to tweak it manually you should grab the reg-patches that Ant provides on www.murc.ws

Cheers,
    Maggi
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Apparently on newer BX board (BE6-II, 6163Pro, BA+ IV) the matrox drivers install in 1X mode. On older ones (the original BH6) the same drivers install in 2X mode. So your chance is simply to use the registry hacks available on MURC.
      Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

Apparently on newer BX board (BE6-II, 6163Pro, BA+ IV) the matrox drivers install in 1X mode. On older ones (the original BH6) the same drivers install in 2X mode. So your chance is simply to use the registry hacks available on MURC.

Comment

Wow, that's the first time I've heard that. Wow, that's the first time I've heard that. (couldn't resist) I have a BE6-II, and my card was running in 1x mode. I searched through the forums, and learned that many people were having problems getting 2x to work on Abit boards, and most people seemed to conclude that it had to do with the way the card was seated in the AGP slot of Abit boards. Some kind of dimensional tolerance issue with the Matrox/Abit combination. I spent countless hours fiddling with the way my card was seated, to no avail. I finally just used the reg hacks to force it into 2x, and have not had any problems. It's always bothered me though, as I interpretted the initial problem to mean that the card was detecting questionable reliability at 2x, and downgrading to 1x (I am running at 89Mhz agp bus, but it wanted to run @ 1x even when I slowed it down to 66Mhz). This worried me because I am doing an upgrade soon, which will put me (hopefully) at an even higher bus speed. If it's actually an issue with how the drivers install because of my MB, I'm somewhat relieved.

[This message has been edited by Darin (edited 09 June 2000).]

Comment

Hi again (and again)! I kept my BE6-II and Soyo 6BA+ IV, and now my MSI 6163Pro, at 60MHz AGP (90MHz, 2/3) and drivers 5.41 to 5.55 all installed as 1X. On the BH6 running at 83MHz bus (1/1 AGP) the drivers installed in 2X mode. I see no other explanation than that outlined above.

Comment

Working...
            X