Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!! LET'S START AN OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE VIA-MATROX - CONFLICT !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !!! LET'S START AN OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE VIA-MATROX - CONFLICT !!!

Interesting point,MarkD,
    Why I thought a bat.file was in the game HexenII,if you have a problem loading the game,from a dos window and cd HexenII there's an option to load HexenII-safe.
    TGL is working in that game,and it can be a b**ch to load,but still works.

!!! LET'S START AN OFFENSIVE AGAINST THE VIA-MATROX - CONFLICT !!!

i'm sure i'm not the only one that is getting crazy with this everlasting driver conflict between VIA and MATROX (agp, opengl, ...). there are lots of inacceptable problems since the beginning of the year. so let us customers fight against matrox and via to make this an end.

people, please help me !!!

------------------
    >> Surfwienix <<
    (German)

My System:

AMD K6-2/400@450
    Epox MVP3C-M Super7 (VIA 4.20 + AGP v4.02)
    128MB SDRAM(PC100)
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX
    (PD 5.30 + TGL 1.3 + DX 7a) AGP2x/256MB @IRQ11(not sharing) non-o/c
    Terratec DMX Sound-System
    6,4GB Maxtor HDD (UDMA33)
    ASUS 50x-CDROM (UDMA33)
    Realtek 8019 Ethernet (ISA)
    Creatix HAM V.90 Modem
    19" Monitor CTX-VL950T (95khz)
    Windows 98SE

my system:

AMD XP 2000+
    Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
    512MB SDRAM133
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
    Windows XP Prof

Comment

You don't need to post in more than one forum. Check my response in the Gaming forum.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Since the other one was closed here was my response.

Please be specific with the problems you are having. Other than the fact that Q2 and Q3 seems to run slower on SS7 based systems than Intel, which it always has, my system runs great.
        Joel

PS: Change your AGP aperture to 128MB instead of 256MB, it will make a difference. And try it without overclocking your CPU.

------------------
        System Specs

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

No offensive needed...just drivers that work with VIA chipsets.

Waiting too...

Tyan Trinity 400 / VIA Apollo Pro 133a
          PIII 600E@800EB
          256Mb Mushkin mem
          27Gb IBM
          Matrox G400 Max oc to 108%
          PwrDsk 5.30 (dammit)

Comment

EchoWars, how did you overclock with the Tyan board? I have the Trinity 400 and 600E if I set the FSB to 133, it will not boot. Won't even try to boot, till I reset the CMOS.

Also, is it normal that the board dosn't reboot after you've been in the BIOS? I have to reboot manually and the changes are there.

One more question, are you able to get 4X with your G400 or 'only' 2x (like it matters, but I an curious)?

Thanks,
            Mark F.

------------------
            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
            and burped out a movie

Mark F. (A+, Network+, & CCNA)
            --------------------------------------------------
            OH NO, my retractable cup holder swallowed a DVD...
            and burped out a movie

Comment

I have SOYO 6VCA(VIA 694x chipset or Apollo Pro 133A) and I think everything is running ok altho I'm not sure I'm getting the fps I should.(Is there a way to get an fps reading in Expendable?I can thenpost it and U tell me if everything's ok).Anyway my problem is that when I install VIA 4in1 and PowerDesk I can't set the AGP speed to X4 any more.My G400 reports that it is X4 capable in the info tab.Is this a common problem,and is there a solution.(I don't expect to gain anything from it just wanna run the card in X4 to make sure I get my money's worth )

------------------
              -=Jimmy=-
              -=Jimmy=-

Comment

maybe i've chosen the wrong expression ("offensive against..."). i'm german, so excuse me!

what i mean is that it is not very friendly from matrox or via to let us via-chipset users (mostly ss7-boards) wait for such a long time (since the 5.41-drivers, i think it was around december 99) without solving this problem. if it is such an difficult conflict, they should have informed about it. we know nothing. they leave us in the dark. telling nothing!!!
                and we must watching the non-via users taking advantage of the new driver-releases which of course add speed and stability on e.g. pentium/intel-chipset platforms. that's not fair.

it also makes it incomprehensible to me, because it seems to be only a little, little thing to solve. they (matrox/via) don't give me the feeling that they are working on it. they tell you, that they know about this and try to fix it in the next driver-release. but they told it since december 99!!!

and that is the reason why i want to gather all matrox/via-users that have the same problems and then speak to matrox/via together. then they must give a detailed statement about this problem and/or its progress.

so get together, murcers !!!
                my system:

AMD XP 2000+
                Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
                512MB SDRAM133
                Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
                Windows XP Prof

Comment

It's not a "little little thing". VIA drivers have always ALWAYS ALWAYS A L W A Y S SUCKED DONKEY SCROTUM.

In fact, until the 133 chipsets, their hardware ALSO sucked donkey scrotum.

Matrox is doing just fine with their drivers. No worse than any other graphics card manufacturer (and a good sight better than ATI, for example). So... go get a real chipset.

- Gurm

------------------
                  Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

Better yet why can't someone come up with a bat. file so tgl is loaded and viagart.vxd is excluded from the game(s)while letting it(viagart.vxd) exist for the rest of the system.
                    In this way QuakeII and Quake III could work(not to mention other games)and there would be no bsods when returning to windows and shutting down.
                    Think that's a project that might keep you awake for the next few weeks

[This message has been edited by Alfie (edited 24 May 2000).]

Comment

Why is it Matrox's fault? Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps the problem is in Taiwan????? That maybe Via had better spend more time and effort developing reliable drivers, instead of releasing what seems to a endless supply of defective drivers. Of course this is just my 2 cents worth.

------------------
                      Grow Up and read the Manual!!!!!
                      Grow Up and read the Manual!!!!!

Comment

Gurm - you have a way with words...

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that the most hardware-friendly motherboards are the ones made by Intel. Maybe you can't overclock or tweak 'em like a VIA chipset based board, but they work with just about anything you can throw at 'em.

------------------
                        Gateway G6-400 - Intel 440bx Tabor mobo w/ Intel PIII 550, 256mb RAM, Matrox G400 MAX, onboard Ensoniq AudioPCI sound chip, Epson Perfection 1200U Scanner and Windows 2000 Professional

Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

Gurm, your condescending remarks are so enlighting. You really come off as a big a-hole in almost every one of your posts. You should try being nice and posting information and lose the attitude.
                          Asus K7V
                          Athlon 700
                          128mb PC133 HSDRAM
                          Matrox Millennium g400max
                          Adaptec 2940U2W
                          IBM 9gb U2W
                          Plextor 8/20 cdr
                          Diamond MX300
                          3com 905b-tx

Comment

A little research on the web and you would have known that the Via based motherboards aren't reliable.
                            It's no good blaming Matrox. If you wanted reliable computing you should have gone the Intel way with well debugged bx chipset.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

...and buy into Intel's monopolistic venture to run everyone else out of the chipset and CPU market so that they can then charge what they want to for their products without having to worry about competition. The VIA based platform can be very stable. It just takes somebody knowing what they are doing to achieve it. Sometimes running things beyond specs can cause more problems than the gains received.

Joel

Of course no one has still stated what their specific problems are.

www.lp.org

Comment

Working...
                              X