weak colors in mpeg1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weak colors in mpeg1

What do you mean weak? I use the Panasonic MPEG converter and haven't noticed anything other than a slight darkening. The colours seem the same other than this. BTW the XING encoder (V2.20 ) seems to give much darker MPG.
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Converting to mpg datastream always results in a less quality of the picture, this is totally normal. The reason for using mpg instead of mjpeg (the RR capture) is that the datastream and therefor the actual file size is reduced enormously. The vcd standard is 352x240 window size. Usually people tend to blow the picture to fullscreen, so the actual picture can be twice or three times enlarged. The pixels are wider apart so the colors fade. Sounds logical? View the mpg in 100% size, it'll look excellent!
    Lotsa videofun!

Comment

I use Panasonic standalone version and although I notice the slight loss of color and brightness over the original AVIs, I still find that it makes the best software MPEGs I have seen. The tiny loss of quality is a small price to pay for the compression and portability of MPEG.

Comment

weak colors in mpeg1

I have marvel g400tv and grabb with PC-VCR. For encoding I use standalone panasonic's mpeg1 encoder with it's VCD/PAL settings. However, I'm not very happy with the colors in the final mpeg1 file. They are much weaker than in the AVI.

Anyone has any ideas what to do in order to prevent this happening?

------------------
        M.Vicena
        vicky@ultranet.sk
        M.Vicena
        vicky@ultranet.sk

Comment

What setting are you using for color tone correction in the advanced settings? The TV option will give less saturated colors than the PC option. Changing between the Panasonic Natural Image matrix and the MPEG std matrix gives a slight shift in colors, much less noticeable than the TV to PC setting.

What do you intend the final VCDs to be viewed on - TV or PC? Check that the colors look OK on the same type of device (TV or PC monitor) that the VCDs will be viewed on but bear in mind that colors will look different anyway on different monitors, TVs, cameras.

Try encoding a short clip of "typical" material with different combinations of settings and use the ones which you judge to give the most pleasing results.

Comment

Working...
          X