Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just went on an awesome trip... Still no new G400 Wink drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just went on an awesome trip... Still no new G400 Wink drivers.

That trip I just went on 0wned, but now that I come back there still aren't any new G400 drivers for Win2k.

It's almost June now and I'm still stuck with Windows crappy 98 se because the multimedia hardware manufacturers still aren't supporting Win2k yet as much as Win9x.. so sad..

• Box 2:
    • operating system: FreeBSD 4.1
    • CPU: Intel Pentium 60
    • memory: 32 MB
    • hard drive: Quantum Fireball 1 GB

legalize

I think they will once Win2K settles down and becomes a stable platform to work with.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Joel I know you had a bad experience with Win2k, but most people who try it never look back into win9x, despite the broader compatibility.

Comment

I don't have anything againist Win2K as a NT4.0 upgrade but I just don't think it is ready yet to take over the gaming role of Win98.

Joel

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.

Comment

I love w2k and can't install again w98 even to play video games !
          So i'm also sad to see that no new drivers has been released !
          Matrox what are you doing ?

Comment

Joel,

Perhaps you are looking at this the wrong way. Afterall, Windows 2000 was NOT developed to replace 98 as a gaming platform. Win2k was not developed to be a gaming platform. That's what 98 and Me are for. Win2k was developed to be a business replacement to NT4.

Since it was not designed to take over in the gaming market, it will not take over in the gaming market.

b
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

I know that, but there are so many ppl here complianing about it's gaming performance also. All I can say as a beta tester is that Matrox is working on the Win2K drivers.

Joel

www.lp.org

Comment

heh. Considering Whistler is about the same thing.........Ignore the post above mine.
                C:\DOS
                C:\DOS\RUN
                \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Joel,

ok Matrox is working on w2k drivers, but when can we expect to see this new driver ? Before the G800 ?
                  Or after ?

Comment

Nuno, dispite your flawless use of Win2K it's still not problem free for all. For me it's a issue with NO AGP support with my AMD 751 chipset. Other than that, it's fair to midland. I'm patiently awaiting SP1... SP2... SP3...

Joel is being as straight forward as possible. Due to the inherent flaws in Win2K, MS should be the ones to complain to.

Please don't ask us when the next set of drivers will happen. Thank you

Mr. Cold, obiviously your trip wasn't long enough to break you from your typical whine.
                    Don't the MM manufactures lack of support clue you in the slightest as to why there are delays? This has always been the case with every OS ever produced. Not everything works as claimed (especially MS's crap).
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

spoogenet :

BTW, just to clear things up a little concerning win2k.

It wasnt developed to be a gaming OS, your right on that one BUT...

It wasnt developed from the beginning to only be a replacement for NT4.0 only. MS intended it to REPLACE win9x and NT. Somewhere along the line they changed horses and started developing Windows ME. And marketed win2k towards businesses.

What microsoft intended matters VERY little, because ALMOST everything developers need for gaming win2k has it.

The only thing missing is good driver support from hardware Manufs. And the reason drivers are taking time is in part due to the fact that the driver SDK has changed COMPLETELY with win2k, so all drivers have to be re-written from scratch.

------------------
                      ---------------------------
                      bp6-(2)366@533 celerons, g400 DH 32mb Vanilla, Quantum plus KA 9.1g, sb-live value, Optiquest V95 19", Toshiba DVD 6x, HP i8100 cd-r, etc ...

---------------------------
                      bp6-(2)366@533 celerons, g400 DH 32mb Vanilla, Quantum plus KA 9.1g, sb-live value, Optiquest V95 19", Toshiba DVD 6x, HP i8100 cd-r, etc ...

Comment

Greebe, how come win2k doesn´t support AMD 751? AGP is working nicely with my Gigabyte 7IX. AGP 2x DIME enabled. And I´m preety sure it´s working fine, like, 36 Mb AGP texture test in Final Reality scores like 90 fps or so...

Comment

Nuno... I had it working also at first... but even after three new clean installs it never returned. I'm not the only one looking for the solution for this problem. Matter of fact I posted this problem here and other places and never got a responce. Alex (Matrox) is also involved trying to find a solution to this specific problem.
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Oh Gawd!!! Mr. Hemorrhoid is back!! Looks like another application of Preparation H is in order.

So youu went on a trip. Where did you go man??

Where no Gerbil has gone before...BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

dj
                            My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
                            128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

He tripped over his vacuum cleaner's cord and bumped his noggen.

Comment

Working...
                              X