The nVidia blues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nVidia blues...

Well, folks... I have to get my wife a new video card. Her Voodoo3 2000 AGP just isn't dealing well with Win2k - it FUBARs up her power management with 3dfx's drivers, which aren't Scottish... if you follow me.

Anyway, since I love my G400 but can't see buying another one for her to play games with... I'm gonna get (gasp!) some kind of nVidia card.

And I'm gonna play with it, and see how well it handles my Dualie.

I'll keep y'all posted. I'm not expecting much... but I'll let you know either way.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

My sympathies, stay away from anything with the letters TNT in it, it wouldn't be an improvement, at least get one of those GeeWhiz cards.

Comment

Well, I have kind of an opinion on this. My roommate just bought and installed a new GForce2 GTS and I have to say I am impressed, the 2D is MUCH better then it used to be. The thing flies through 3DMark 2000 and Quake 3 benches, And I can only really see much of an image difference in 3D between a G400 and GF 2 if I look REAL CLOSE and nit pick it to death. It will be my next card if Matrox doesn't come out with something equally fast in 3D within the next 2-3 months at least.

------------------
      PIII 700@960, Asus CUSL2, Adaptec 29160, 2x Seagate Barracuda 18.2GB, SB LIve!, 3COM 3C905TX, 256MB Muskin Rev. 2 PC133 at 2-2-2, G400MAX soon the be replaced with ?.

Comment

What about a little $100 16MB G400 or is that too slow?
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

well,.. Im pickin on GF2 C.L. too if Matrox doesnt do something quick & it must be realy FASSSSSSST !(NOT G450 !)

ofcourse I will keep my g400 babe too..just in case
          PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

<center>GASP !!!

How low can they go... Jason ... and ... nVidia?

<center>O.M.G.

(Now go wash your mouth with soap, little boy Jason !!)

It's a sad day for all of us...</center>

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 02 June 2000).]
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

ROTFLMAO
              PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100 cas 2
              Mill G400 (vanilla!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.5010 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              and 384k DSL!

Comment

Oh My GAWD!!!!!
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Working...
                X