Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nVidia 5.22 w2k driver has been released !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia 5.22 w2k driver has been released !

So Matrox what are you doing ?
    We're still waiting for your w2k driver...
    My G400 Max becomes impatient

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Do you need some cheese with that whine?

They are coming just hold your horses.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Hi, I sold my G400 SH recently for a geforce, games do run smoother but it crashes all the time, I ended up taking it back and exchange for a G400 max, some things i found during this trip is

1) the Geforce 1 image is not as good as the G400

2) you need a very stable 3.3v for the geforce otherwise it will crash. motherboard monitor reports my 3.3v is from 3.18-3.32 so i think geforce is not for me unless i switch motherboard. (already a 300w power supply)

so IMHO for the extra fps, it is not worth the trouble unless the geforce 2 price dropped about 50%.

Comment

1 more thing, Matrox please release a smp enable W2k driver.

Comment

Hey! There's nothing wrong with chomping at the bit! The quicker Matrox release a new Win2k driver, the quicker we can all start whingeing about our problems with it, and the quicker Matrox can get to work on a new improved driver!

Comment

Hey, just think - it could be as bad as the SB Live!

All the people on the Creative Labs newsgroup are basically of the "give us beta drivers now, since when you call it release quality it will be broken and buggy anyway, so we might as well have that now".

And they're right. Matrox at least releases drivers that MOSTLY work under MOST configurations. Creative Labs releases drivers that work ONLY on their test machines, until they are patched 24 hours later.

How stupid is that? We can wait a couple more weeks if it means stable drivers.

The current drivers work fine with SMP systems, you just can't play Quake3 with both processors. Wah.

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I believe the 5.22 Detonators are the first official nVidia release in seven or eight months. The last official Windows 9X release was Detonator Ver. 3.68, which I believe they posted last October.

The truth of the matter is, the driver situation with nVidia could not be more chaotic.

Paul
              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

1. There is nothing wrong with the Nvidia 'situation'.
                2. Quake 3 still has a problem with shadows. You have to disable marks on walls to get rid of it. Why oh why can't they make one simple change and re-release it?
                C:\DOS
                C:\DOS\RUN
                \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Hi Grum,

i don't play Quake , just want a smp enable driver for my photoshop.

Comment

Dosfreak:

1. Nothing wrong with the nVidia situation? Ha! Haha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, I'm calmer now. Whew! You're funny! Every release of the Win2k drivers so far except for this one and one other have been "stolen" releases. Maybe nVidia lets people swipe these releases, or maybe they have someone giving them out. Either way, they're officially very upset about them.

2. Didja consider that maybe the marks on walls and shadows problem is indicative of a larger problem, and maybe there is no quick fix? Or maybe the quick fix introduced more bugs and was therefore shitcanned?

- Gurm

------------------
                    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                    X