Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRQ in win2k

How can I change my IRQ in win2k?
    I wan to give my G400 it's own IRQ and not sharing one with my sblive.
    I the Device Manager under properties for my G400 everything i disabled and I can't change a thing.

I think I need a real PnP and not the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

My mb is a Asus P3V4x

TJM

And I'll bet all your other devices are on that IRQ as well, right?

It's normal, chill out and ignore it.

It's called ACPI.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

You can switch from ACPI to standard. But DO NOT try to go from Standard to ACPI unless you wanna reinstall.
      C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Unless you've got any issues with ACPI, stick with it, when it works, it is actually must better - as windows dynamically allocates resources as and when they're needed. This ensures that 99% of the time there's enough free IRQ's to satisfy legacy equipment - ISA cards, Printer ports etc.
        What do you want a signature for?

Comment

ya but now i have a question.

when you install win2k, should acpi load auto or do you have to tell setup to use it.?

my mother board has the latest bios, and is a msi 6167 irongate chipset board, has anyone got acpi working on this mobo?
          msi 6167 mobo k7 500 wk41 now at 650. 256 meg ram ,addtronics case w 250watt sp power supply, matrox g400, maxtor diammax 2500+ 10gig hd,10x aopen slot dvd, 3com 10/100 nic, sb live xgamer sound card, efecent networks dsl modem, dlink 701i dsl router/firewall, lots of controlers (joystick throttle rudder raceing wheel), 19in ctx monitor, logitech mouseman wheel usb, and klipsch promedia v2-400 speakers. win98 oem and win2k pro dual boot.

noel
          it's times like this that make me think of my fathers last words....

Don't son that gun is loaded.

Comment

It should load automaticly, if ACPI is enabled and APM is disabled in the bios. You can force it, don't remember how.

Comment

Change slot of your SBLive! after this share IRQ7 of SB16 emu with printer... and works!

cya.

Comment

Working...
              X