Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now there's Via 4in1422a on Via's site - Whats's going on??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now there's Via 4in1422a on Via's site - Whats's going on??

There is another version of the 4in1 drivers at: http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/4in1422a.zip
    but they don't show up on the html driver page. Anyone know WTF is going on?

I unzipped the file using -d and found the files appear the same as 4in1421 except a .cat file has been added to the w2k and w98SE listings in the inf folder. And the AGP driver is still the 4.02 version.

JohnT

here is a Quote from HardOCP
    Kyle:
    I just installed the 4.22a version of the VIA 4n1 drivers on a ABIT KA7-100 without any problems whatsoever. Here is the link again.

So it appears to work,
    if you look down on the news, he appologies for the Link to what may have been Hoax drivers...

Craig

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 01 June 2000).]
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

These stupid VIA folks have set the FTP access permissions wrong, so that any person can take out or rename or whatever any file in the temp folder on the FTP site. I made a folder with "when does VIA learn to set the permissions right" with some info in it. The previous 4in1 package probably was deleted this way by some user who thought he was funny. Maybe some other user placed the package back, with a slightly higher number as filename. If the contents are the same, it could very well be.

And other people seem to have noticed the permissions thingy, and they have uploaded the wierdest things... (photographs of a dog??)

Comment

It's just thunderously dumb! I visited a half hour ago and there was nothing but a directory called "Woody." I entered that directory to find one name "Wood." Predictably, the next was called "Pecker," and it was empty.

There are several reports of very bad problems with the 4.22 drivers on <alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus>. I'm not sure if these were user screwups or if something is up.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 02 June 2000).]

Comment

aah.. so they deleted my stuff, and the file itself? ow predictable. I could have downloaded the file, and put it on my webserver, solely for MURC... next time I will do that, if VIA is still THAT dumb to set the permissions wrong.

Comment

Well, it seems as if the only dif (compared to the 4.20) is the AGP 4.02 driver and the via inf update is included. Everything else looks to be the same. I wish they had not stopped including the release notes after 4.17, it made it much easier to see what was different.

------------------
            "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."
            "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Actually Guys if you look closely, the AGP 4.03 Drivers are now there, separate from the 4in1 driver. The release date is same tho. Weird.

Anyone tried em yet ?

I hope I can go back to Matrox 5.52 drivers with this new AGP driver, Im using 5.30 at the mo, to get TurboGL working.

Comment

Working...
              X