• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dos - Bios- Win Problem

Huge problem:
    I have a G400 DH 32.

(Situation 1)
    I run Windows, all fine.
    I do something that bring to the bluscreen (like exctracting the cd from the drive while win is reading from that).
    When I press the spacebar to go back to win, the screen became black and all freeze.

(Situation 2)
    I run Windows, all fine.
    I run a dos game or app. All works fine (unless I ignore the fact that the card drive my awful monitor at 60Hz, while it can goes up to 85...)
    When the game finish, the Dos session close and go back to Windows.
    Try to go back to windows. The same as above.

Now, I don't remember if there's a precise moment from wich it all started; I am quite sure that it is not a monitor fault, cause when the error happen the monitor still work.
    I am quite sure it's not a Win problem: I have reinstalled it 2 times, and always the same prob.
    I am quite sure that is not a driver problem: I have all the latest driver, all the agp drivers, I have checked all the possible conflict.

I am not sure if the hardware is ok. It all started a few after I upgraded the bios from the onboard version to the next version (and a few day ago I upgraded to the last bios, but no use).

Ah, I have installed in this days Gx00vbe. It start at the boot without problems, but when I try to start a dos game or apps It tells that it is not possible to initialize the vesa driver.

Idea?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.
Working...
X