Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celeron 2 and G400 Performance...what do you want to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celeron 2 and G400 Performance...what do you want to see?

Well I just ordered a new C2-566mhz chip today. I'm getting a Alpha CPU cooler to go with it and I'm gonna see how far I can push the sucker. I'm currently running a P3-450@558 rock solid (can run 600, but was getting some nasty VVM errors from my generic PC100 memory@133FSB) and I was wondering what you guys would like to see benchmarked on my system. I have UT and Quake3 (boring..wake me if they make Half-Life 2 off the 3d engine and I'll start bitching at Matrox is improve their OpenGL drivers again ) now but is there anything else you want me to try out? I figure I'll do benching for the P3-450@450 and P3-450@558 and the C2@556 and what ever high speed I can get it to run at stablely. Any other comments?

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a P3-450@558,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I'd like to see how long it takes you to complete 2000 SETI work units (once you've joined the Matrox Users' SETI Group of course).

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 30 May 2000).]

Comment

Well I already joined MURCs SETI program back months ago. I got an email a couple days ago saying that I didn't send in any work units??? I'm up to about 87 units now and I have a P2-333 at work chugging along doing units now in conjuction with the P3 at home. Biggest problem is that I can't run the home machine all day.

Scott

------------------
      Abit BH6 with a P3-450@558,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I can't explain why you got an e-mail, but thanks for your output. My comment above was a joke that had no bearing on the e-mail you received.

If you'll look at the SETI Forum, you'll see a thread about people joining SETI@murc without showing any wu calculated. Maybe someone took it upon themselves to contact those people and you got contacted by mistake.

Comment

Hi
          I was hoping you could do as many benchmarks as you can comparing the G400 with your current processor to the new celeron II. This would also help me quite a bit as I am looking to purchase a CII 466 and am trying to decide if I should buy the G400Max or the hercules Prophet3d DDR (not geforceGTS). I am wondering if anyonr can give me some advice about the benefits of g400M and Geforce DDR.
          I am wanting tv out and decent 2d but not great...3d important too as I like to play my latest games against people hehe!
          Also the effects of having a Celeron II against a new PIII. Thanks!

My system at the moment:
          Aopen AX6BC Pro
          Celeron 466
          64mb apacer 133mhz (wanting 128mb)
          i740
          2 voodoo2 12mb in SLI
          Hollywood plus decoder
          Pioneer 6X DVD
          Ricoh 7060a
          SB Live! Value
          Accton Cheetah 10/100 nic
          IBM 7200rpm 2mb cache