Can't get G400 Max Certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get G400 Max Certified

I am having problems with my g400 max AGP. I try to install the Certified G400 drivers ( v5.20.013 ) but when the screen to choose my video card appears there are no options. can anyone help.

also i have some games that does not seem to work any advice.

1 ogs of war.
    2:Total annihilation kingdoms.
    3 ungeon keeper 2.
    4:system shock 2.
    5:Tiberian sun.

I belive that most of the games 2-5 need Direct X 6.0 Certified video drivers.

i have DX 7.0a installed and no system conflicts. This is getting really annoying.

[This message has been edited by tinman (edited 29 May 2000).]

Is there any particular reason why you must have MS certified drivers ?

My advice would be:

download latest drivers
    extract the archive
    run setup.exe

Cheers,
    Maggi

PS: darn typos ...

[This message has been edited by Maggi (edited 29 May 2000).]
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hey Tinman,
      Regarding your games here's what you need to get them working:

Dogs of War - As fas as I know it doesn't work on Win2k, perhaps they will patch it?
      Dungeon Keeper 2 - Wait for 1.7 patch which should be released soon
      System Shock 2 - Get the latest game update from Microsoft, http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com i beleive...
      Tiberian Sun - Should work fine with 5.03, anyone care to comment?

Regards,

------------------
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

[This message has been edited by R0M (edited 29 May 2000).]
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Those certified drivers you're using are really, really old. I mean really old.

If I were you, I'd uninstall them using Matrox's uninstaller. If you're using a BX motherboard, try PD 5.52. If you're running on a non-Intel motherboard, try 5.41 first. If they don't work for you, try 5.30.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

ROM, it is true that they said that the 1.7 patch was claimed to be out soon, but i went to the DK2 web site, shortly before or after reading this post the first time and the last news post was in marc, a total of now about 3 months without any updates!
          Here is my system config:Athlon XP+ 2000, 1024MB SDRAM,EpOX EP9XA (or something)<b>Matrox Parhelia </b>
          WinXP Professional SP1
          Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1
          3COM 905C

Comment

Thanks for your replys.
            Maggi & paulcs:
            I have the latest Matrox Drivers installed. I am trying to get the Microsoft WHQL certification drivers. Because the games that don't work ( DK2 , SS2 , TS & DOW ) require Video Compatible with direct 6.0.
            well that is what the box says!!!!!!!!!!

R0M:
            I will try your advice.......

------------------

Comment

The WHQL certification doesn't really mean anything... When the box says it needs video compatible with DirectX 6, it means _at least_ DirectX 6. Running the most recent DirectX (7a) with the most recent Matrox drivers is going to be fine because you are meeting the minimum requirement (DirectX 6). Any problems you are having are likely related to the games, not the video drivers - stick with the current version.

------------------
              "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."
              "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

Working...
              X