Dual CPU and Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual CPU and Matrox

Hi, I might trade my Athlon in for Dual Celerys 400+ IWILL DBL100 (SLot 1) Mobo with UW2 SCSI
    Well, i was thinking if everything is alright with windows 2000 + dual cpu system

THanks
    Speeder
    blah blah blah

With Win2k and dual CPU's? Right as rain, provided you either DON'T use ACPI or make sure that your Mobo has FULL ACPI support.

Matrox and dual CPU's? Fairly bug-free, unless you actually want to use your dual-cpu's in Quake3, in which case you won't have much luck. It won't crash when only using one cpu though (which is how Quake3 defaults, which is good).

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

When did that get fixed? I'm using PD 5.06, my dual PIII system is not stable in games, either D3D or OpenGL unless I boot up with only one processor. Not using using ACPI.

2D DirectX also has some problems, using MAME and VMWare.

Paul

Comment

this is the board: http://www.iwillusa.com/products/spe...100&SupportID=
        blah blah blah

Comment

How did you get Q3A working in Win2k? I have a g400Max, and a couldn;t get it running on my BP6, period. I almost traded it in for a geforce2 GTS (£205!!), but thought better of it.
          Anyways, what driver/vga bios did you use to get that working (don;t care about r_smp if it works at all!)

Much appreciated.

Comment

It has worked without crashing since Beta 5.04 for me. No, you can't use r_smp set to 1, and you MIGHT have to pretend you're using the early TurboGL and start the game up in 800x600x32bpp or some such nonsense. But it works, doesn't crash.

You need the beta BP6 bios though.

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

there is a new VERY stable bios, RU
              go get it, it might help

------------------
              ---------------------------
              bp6-(2)366@533 celerons, g400 DH 32mb Vanilla, Quantum plus KA 9.1g, sb-live value, Optiquest V95 19", Toshiba DVD 6x, HP i8100 cd-r, etc ...

---------------------------
              bp6-(2)366@533 celerons, g400 DH 32mb Vanilla, Quantum plus KA 9.1g, sb-live value, Optiquest V95 19", Toshiba DVD 6x, HP i8100 cd-r, etc ...

Comment

Working...
              X