pin configuration for g400 max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pin configuration for g400 max

In my other post about the bios upgrade fiasco, titled "Really screwed up... can you help?", it was brought up that the bios could be salvaged through the proper pin configuration.... another person who posted has the same problem and asked for a configuration for his card. I am starting a new post to see if anyone has my card with the same pin configuration... I am going to also post in the technical forum (if I can get off of work to do it; it is only available in regular working hours)to see if I can luck out. RMA'ing the card is not what I really want to do if i can fix it.
    If anyone has the pin configuration for: g400 max - number FAP 10048 (Tseng, I believe you have to provide this number also) G4+MMDHA32G, I would be eternally grateful.

[This message has been edited by jessyrh (edited 22 May 2000).]

Hi,
    I am in need for the PINS.TXT for vanilla G400. Here is how to generate PINS.TXT:

Download bios_109.exe from Matrox web site
    ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/bios/2000/bios_109.exe

Get into PURE DOS mode and run progbios.exe

PROGBIOS -d > PINS.TXT

Thank you very much!

Comment

I would suggest contacting Matrox tech support for your PINs files.
      The problem with getting it from another user is that your card will pick up his/her serial number.
      The PINs files Matrox tech support can supply will leave a blank serial number.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

The serial number should not be a problem.

According to the info. provided by another Matrox site, I can simply edit the PINS.TXT and make to serial number match the one on my G400.

Comment

Kruzin offers good advice,in addition to posting here,contact Matrox tech support and have them send you new pins files for your cards,I'm sure they will be more than willing.
          Cover your bases!
          You'll probably end up with a bushel full of pins files!

Comment

Here is a site with PIN files for almost every matrox card in all versions:

http://www1.mahoroba.ne.jp/~youichi/pinbox.htm

Comment

As my Japanese is a bit rusty, not as good as Hunsow's anyway, and for you who don't understand Japanese, here's a Japanese Babelfish

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Thanks for the info Hunsow, I almost thought I was in luck when I spotted my model # but the link cannot be found. Oh well. I'll keep trying.

Comment

Matrox tech support wasn't too terribly interested in providing pin configurations... they only want to RMA the card. Tseng had gotten his going again by posting at Anand tech where someone provided him with the right file... I tried the same but apparently g400 max owners are a little bit more possessive of their pin configurations. RMA'ing the card is not what I wanted to do but I guess that will be my only alternative.

Comment

Good info!!!
                    Jorden couldn't you post that link on faq's?
                    Tried all the files at that site and all came up excluding one!(must be the model# jessyrh needs!)Major bummer!

Comment

Working...
                    X