tv output on g400 max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv output on g400 max?

I had a g400 but I just got a G400 max with dual head, I don't have a 2nd monitor but I would like to hook up a tv for dvd output, I have the dongle with the svideo and video out but my tv only has that coax cable connection, is there a adapter to let it go from a cable tv coax connector to svideo or something so I can hook up the tv as a 2nd monitor?
    thanks,
    Daniel

There are lots of options. Just visit an electronics/stereo/video store and you'll find something.

My sollution was probably the most common, and cheapest...I run an RCA cable to the video-in of my VCR, and the VCR does the coax to the TV...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

So an rca cable is the yellow svideo out? And it goes right in the video in, you don't need a audio in or it just outputs the sound via the pc? Sounds like it's time to visit the local radio shack

[This message has been edited by Danielm7 (edited 23 May 2000).]

Comment

The yellow connector is standard RCA video. It will hook up to most any VCR. The black 7-pin connector is the s-video (higher quality, but not all VCRs have this).

No sound will come from either connector. It's a video card
        If you want sound, you need to rig up something from your sound card...

Radio Shack is where I got my cable....
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks alot for the help I'll shoot over there tomorrow, heh as I was typing the sound thing that uccured to me but I was thinking if I could get a long cable and put the tv farther away for dvds whether I could pipe the sound over or something but I have a set of dtt2500 speakers so turning it up is no problem.
          Daniel

Comment

Hey, I noticed you were talking about TV output, when I use it I get fuzzy text, MPEGs look awesome but Games have some colour loses, I'm using the RCA connector, I can turn my TV to either PAL NTSC 4.3 and 3.5 (I think that's what they are. I was wondering if anyone one else was getting colour loss and fuzziness for text or if it was just me. I only have 2 15 Inch monitors and so I wanted some big screen action, it was cool, but the colour loss in UT and other things was annoying, I tried changing to NTSC but it didn't do much, I've tried both plugging the RCA cable through my video then my video into my TV and directly connecting the TV to the video both gave me the same quality. Also, you were talking about plugging sound into the sound card, you wouldn't happen to know if there is a headphone jack to RCA converter would you? It doesn't matter if you don't, I'm going to go down to Dick Smith (Australian Radio Shack) and check if they have one.
            PIII 500Mhz, ASUS P3B-F mobo, G400 MAX, old ESS ISA Soundcard, 64MB Ram, Acer 15" Osborne 15", 8.4G, 1.57G, 48x AOpen CD

Comment

OOOps, forgot to say I'm running a 32MB G400 MAX DH not o/c
              PIII 500Mhz, ASUS P3B-F mobo, G400 MAX, old ESS ISA Soundcard, 64MB Ram, Acer 15" Osborne 15", 8.4G, 1.57G, 48x AOpen CD

Comment

Ok I got the cable today, set the vcr to line in, ran the cables, tried dual head, both extended desktop and clone and the 2nd screen will just flash when I enable it but nothing will go to there, any ideas?

Comment

Hi Guys !

OzAndrew:

The signal degradation you experience (blurry text and desaturated colors) is funded by your (low quality) RCA connection.
                  If you have an option to use S-video (S-VHS or Hi8) connections or even RGB through SCART, go for that and enjoy the crisp pictures and readable text.
                  Composite connections (RCA jack) only transmit the video signal only with ~4MHz bandwith, where s-video is around 7MHz and RGB should be even better than s-video.

Danielm7,

you need to check the 'use DVD Max' box in the clone, zoom, DVD max menu.
                  (actually there are three boxes: clone, zoom & DVD max)

It won't work at all in extended desktop mode.

Cheers,
                  Maggi
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                  X