Wishful/Hopeful Thinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishful/Hopeful Thinking...

I've posted this to the Matrox tech forums with little explaination received.

Matrox uses their own "Monitor Settings" under advanced to deal with different refresh rates. Most other card manufacturers will use the monitor INF file info to set the refresh rates. This allows the user to use the max refresh rate or a lower number. Example - My monitor is a Gateway VX900 (a Hitachi 751 in disguise). Other video cards allow the choice of 75, 85, 100 or 120 hz. The monitor settings set it only to 110.

Will matrox ever adopt the "standard" of using the INF files?

------------------
    Gateway G6-400 - Intel 440bx Tabor mobo w/ Intel PIII 550, 256mb RAM, Matrox G400 MAX, onboard Ensoniq AudioPCI sound chip, Epson Perfection 1200U Scanner and Windows 2000 Professional

Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Matrox supports the monitor .INF files, or rather Windows support it. Just select the monitor using Windows Monitor selection dialog. Matrox customizations allow you to go one step further by manually adjusting all the parameters.

Comment

Matrox supports the monitor .INF files, or rather Windows support it. Just select the monitor using Windows Monitor selection dialog. Matrox customizations allow you to go one step further by manually adjusting all the parameters.

Comment

Under Windows98, that is.

The Win2000 drivers just let you select VESA standard refresh rates no matter what monitor INF you have installed.

Comment

Cputman are you talking about win2k or 98.
          Under 98 I'm downloaded my monitors inf file and then modified to what gave the sharpest detail. If I left it at the manufacters default I would have been stuck at 85hz.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

True, Matrox supports/uses the INF files, to a point, being 85hz Refresh Rate. To use anything higher requires their own monitor settings.
            Gateway Performance 850 - Matrox G450 32mb DDR, SB Live! Value, Promise UltraATA 66 & 30GB HD - and Windows 2000 Pro

Comment

Actually, both. Under Win98, unless I select a custom monitor, I'm stuck @ 85hz unless I manually change it.

Under Win2000, the max refresh is 85hz

Comment

Working...
              X