Matrox HW DVD users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox HW DVD users

The newly released video tools will get your HW DVD module moving, but you must use PowerDesk 5.52, not 5.55.

On my SS7 rig both 5.52 and 5.55 powerdesk versions BSOD on 3d apps. Everything else runs sweet, but I guess I'll have to slouch on back to the 5.25's that I've been using.

Real shame too. The Vid Tools have fixed several bugs, and the DVD works nice too, especially on the MGI SoftDVDMax package.

Jing: Have you tried the MGI SoftDVD player with your HW module? Do yourself a favor and get a copy.

If you'll search this site you'll find a full version "Evaluation" copy.
    http://www.dvdrick.de5.de/

------------------
    AMD K6III 400 @ 426 On a SOYO SY5EMA M/B. Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, Promise Ultra 66 Controller
    two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner,
    All stuffed into a Mid-tower ATX case with no device slots left!
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Thanks for the advise on the MGI software Bixler, but I'm actually pretty happy with the Zoran DVD player. I'm not too fussy about details, just whether it works or not, and right now, it works.

The other thing is, there's no point in getting more equipment or software for a 4 1/2 year old machine which has been pushed to the max. For the record, this rig is a

400Mhz AMD K6-2 processor,
      128MB EDO SIMM RAM,
      Matrox Marvel G200 16MB and HW DVD (obviously!),
      Sony SFII 15" monitor,
      Pioneer 103 DVDROM drive,
      Sound Blaster Live! PLatinum,
      Creative Four-Point speakers,
      Adaptec 2940UW SCSI,
      Epson GTi8500 A4 scanner,
      USRobotics/3COM External Pro-Message Modem,
      48x Creative CDROM drive,
      8.4GB Quantum FireballCX UDMA66 HD (though it runs in mode4),
      2.5 Quantum Sirroco (remember them?) mode4 HD,
      Wacom Intuos A4 USB graphics tablet,
      ALL run off a 4 1/2 year old Abit PR5R2 motherboard.

This machine can not go any further in upgrades, and it's going to get dismantled in 4 months time, which is why I'm not going to get anything (software or otherwise) for it.

Once again, thanks for the info regarding the MGI software.

Comment

Working...
      X