Problem with DVD Max Option with a G400 MAX 32 under W2000 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with DVD Max Option with a G400 MAX 32 under W2000 Pro

I have a problem with the DVD MAX function on my G400 MAX card. I have a few videos in DIVX format, and when their dimensions are
    multiple of 32, the overlay gets used and therefore I can watch it at full screen on my TV. This happens for example with a movie at a resolution of 672x272, or with a TV program I use with a resolution of 769x576 (both of them are multiple of 32). However, when I play a video with a resolution of 720x336, the overlay is not used and I just see a black screen on my TV. I know I can use the TV Clone, to see the
    same I'm seeing on my monitor, but for that I need to put the player at full screen, and without overlay the computer has not enough power to scale the movie at the same time it is being decompressed.

These are the specs of my system:

ASUS P3B-F
    PIII-560
    128Mb RAM
    Adaptec 2940U2W
    IBM DNES 9Gb U2W HD
    SCSI DVD-ROM Pioneer 6x32x
    SCSI CD-Writer Teac 6x24x
    3COM 905C NIC
    SBLive
    AVerMedia TVPhone 98 Nicam
    Matrox G400 MAX 32Mb DUAL HEAD
    Windows 2000 Professional

I have tried with different versions of drivers, 5.03, 5.06 beta, etc
    I have updated the BIOS to the 1.06 just released today (or yesterday). And after trying reinstalling the Matrox driver, the DIVX codec, and all what I could think about, I read on the FAQ of a movie player that some systems have problems when the video size is not a multiple of 16 or 32 (it depends on the system) to use the overlay. In
    my case when the video size is multiple of 32 the overlay (and therefore the DVD MAX) works nicely, but if it is not multiple of 32, the overlay is not used, and I can't watch it on TV.
    Do you know if this could be fixed on the Matrox drivers? Ocan you think of anything I can do to see that movies on an overlay window?
Working...
X