what the new bios and 5.55 drivers do NOT fix... [cough]quake3[cough]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the new bios and 5.55 drivers do NOT fix... [cough]quake3[cough]

I tried quake3 on my k7v with different variations with the new drivers and bios on my g400 max

result: the 5.41 opengl icd is still the last driver to work, you can assume similar results with any via chipset based slot-1/socket370 or slot-a(/socket-a?) mb

tried: 1.5 bios with 5.41, 5.52 icd
    1.6 bios with 5.41, 5.52, 5.55 icd

..maybe it'll fix my agp 2x problems.. still testing that (so far so good)

Other notes: AGP 2x G400MAX card
    4.02 agp driver (in turbo mode)
    4.00 all-in one (except agp)
    (why does this need to be installed in WinMe still?)

one thing I did notice is that if you copy a g400icd.dll file into your quake3 directory it'll use that file. Currently using 5.55 icd with the 5.41 icd in my quake3 directory.

That's because those drivers are for the Marvel G400 specifically. Durango forgot to mention this.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Well actually this does not matter because we're talking OpenGL ICD here and it's exactly the same BUG or PROBLEM!

Comment

Greebe, those drivers are also for regular G400's (with a RRG attached).

Comment

As long as there's a new filedate on the opengl icd then we know that matrox has put more work into it, the differences are seen across the entire g400 line when using that file.

I'm just trying to prevent people from wasting their time, trying to get q3a running with these new updates.

Comment

Working...
          X