Supermicro dual pentium motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermicro dual pentium motherboard

Looking at at a supermicro dual pent motherboard with the new 160 scsi support. Can anyone give some insight, or recommend. Weather or not this would be a good board to use with NT,W2K, and RT2000. For our new workstation?

I remember reading about some ACPI problems with Windows 2000 and the dual supermicro boards. Not sure which models were affected.

SMP + Windows 2000 + Matrox + Video Editing? You are very, very brave.

Paul

Comment

With SuperMicro boards you usually have to force Win2k to use it in the setup - Win98 too. I do not know of any further issues with their server boards but SuperMicro boards are excellent and have worked well through all the abuse I've given them.

I'd email Matrox and check for any issues with RT2000's on NT but this product is aimed at the professional so should be stable under NT.

If anything the board is the strong point of the system - but Matrox under NT can be problematic - but I've never had any problems when I had a G200 on a P6SBA running NT4.

Hope this helps,

Paul.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I'd email Matrox and check for any issues with RT2000's on NT but this product is aimed at the professional so should be stable under NT.
        You haven't done any research on this, have you?

RT2000 FAQ:
        Will Matrox RT2000 run under Windows NT4?
        If not, why?

No, the Matrox RT2000 codec card works with Windows 98 only. The card will not work in a system when Windows NT 4.0 is running because the Matrox Video Tools software is based on DirectX and WDM technologies not supported by Windows NT 4.0.
        :
        B

Comment

Nope, that's why I said for the guy to check with Matrox. Thought he'd have seen what you qouted though. However Win2000 is also NT and has DX/WDM so this may work - again though DouglasTexas check with Matrox and users.

I must also say I am surprised by the Win98 only comment!
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Easy mistake to make Pace. I mean one would assume that a card like the RT2000 would be built with NT / 2000 as the preferred platform right?

But no, Matrox's research tells them that professional users much prefer the stability of Windows 98. Hmmm...

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X