Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!!! YOU GOTTA TRY THIS!!!

Hey,

Following up on my earlier message about weird palette problems, i tried to do a screen capture of a faulty frame for you to see....

Now i know the Marvel uses hardware overlay, but what the hell i tried a screen capture.

COOL! it worked!, i caught a bad frame into PSP6 from my vid editor, saved it, and went to a DOS viewer to make sure it had the faulty colors still in there....nope, it was fine ??

Anyway, further messing around revealed something weird, but cool!

Make sure windows is in 16bit, play an MJPEG, is possible make it a full sized one, now load up a paint package, i used Paintshop Pro 6, select NEW, 16.7 colors e.t.c, and place the new pic in middle of screen, now goto palette and make a dark green color, it HAS to be a red, green, blue of: 0,47,0

Now when I paint on the new pic, it reveals the MJPEG playing in the background !?!?!

Even better/more weird, set your desktop to the same color: 0,47,0 and play an MJPEG, maximize the window, then minimize it, and you have an animated desktop!!!!!

As cool as this bug is, if it IS a bug, i really prefer my G400 to work properly hehe

HELP!

Well, it works for me anyway, really weird stuff, my G200 never did this.

So it would seem

OOPS!!!!

DONT USE 0,47,0 use 0,48,0

using 47 give a slighlty chequered/interlaced look,

48 works great!!

Comment

Congratulations, you've worked out why they call it an Overlay card.

Comment

Working...
      X