ASUS K7V +G400MAX and problem with AGP 4X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS K7V +G400MAX and problem with AGP 4X

Hi peoples, I'm new of here, and I have a very very big problem so PLSEASE HELP ME.
    I have an ASUS K7V + G400 MAX (AGP 4X), and using programs like WCPUID or PCILIST, they show that current status is 4x (WELL). I have installe first del new VIA AGP 4.02 and soon after the 5.52 PD of matrox, but games don't wanna play. While if there's installed the VGART.VXD in the PLACE of VIAGART.VXD, i can play games, but I can't shoot down my PC or restarting.
    The only thing to do using the VIAGART.VXD (AGP 4.02) is to forcing the AGP to 2x.
    PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!

------------------

I think that this may be a problem imposed by either the G400 Max or the Via drivers. I'm unable to run my machine at 4x either - I just get random crashes and huge screen corruption. I've eliminated all hardware issues - so I assume that it's a driver problem.
    What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Lukappaseidue, people using a variety of chipsets and videoboards have been claiming instability at AGP 4X. I believe it is a driver issue, and the only workaround is to keep it a AGP 2X. That's the bad news.

The good news is AGP 4X really doesn't make a bit of diffence when it comes to games and the vast majority of apps. In fact, most software doesn't take advantage of AGP 2X.

I'm certain you wouldn't notice a difference if AGP 4X was functioning properly. It's really more hype than substance.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I think to have resolved the issue. I setted the agp size to half of the amount of installed memory, and until now everything goes well.
        Stay tuned.
        My bios setting (CHIPSET FEATURE SETUP) ARE ALL ENABLED.

------------------

Comment

I really wouldn't loose too much sleep over running the card at agp 4x as paulcs says the 4x speed setting will make very little if indeed any difference to the speed of you're card - if you can run at 2x then leave it at that - the bandwidth is more than enough (I can't get 4x and have learnt to live with it - I certainly hope that once the G800 comes out that there will be no problems)
          What do you want a signature for?

Comment

It i sunbelievable, just today I have installed 256 MB ram PC133 MT, but nothing changed. If i set the AGP SIZE more than 32 MB ram PC crashes when gaming.
            (is is strange that I can' tset more than my memory Video Card.
            Always help me

------------------

Comment

Working...
            X