marvel g400 and nt/win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marvel g400 and nt/win2k

i am gonna get a marvel g400 with a duel celeron this week, but from reading the past posts, it seems that running nt would be a pain in the butt, and running win2k would be out of the question... is there really no way that marvel can capture and edit video with mjpeg in nt (the 2gig file size limit with fat 32 would be a problem)? thz in advance

Well, as of right now any G400 config will not allow video editing/capture under any incarnation of NT. The only two configs that work at all is G200/RRG under NT4 or Marvel G200 under NT (what I run). As for the 2GB limit... it's a problem with the .avi file format itself. Download a program like AVI_IO to get around the problem: http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/

Comment

I don't have the Marvel G400 (yet!) but I've read that the TV output works fine under NT4. So you could capture under 98, and then edit under NT (which is of course more stable).

Does anyone have experience with that?

Comment

jypma:
        While you can certainly edit the video under WinNT with a soft MJPEG codec, and you can always play the files using the soft mjpeg codec and then tv out that in media player, it's not quite the same as using the hardware codec to output the mjpeg.. I guess with enough playing around with the TV-out under NT you can get results that are somewhat close to the hardware codec, but at this point it's probably easier to reboot into '98 to do the TV-out.
        I hope they sort out this garbage soon. The beta NT Video Tools currently only support the G200/RRG and the support is ludicrously buggy. It's also kept me from upgrading to a G400.

Comment

Working...
        X