X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New VIA AGP Driver Today (Win98)

There's a new VIA AGP driver (4.02) out today:
    http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/index.htm

I'll try it out later and post here if it fixes the crappy KX133/G400 performance.

Well, it seems to work ok on S7 systems with a G200 (Epox MVP3G-M rev .4, K6-3 450@504, G200 SD 16MB w/ 5.41 \ 5.25 driver hybrid). 3DMark99 scores were more or less the same (compared to 3.59, 4.0 would lock Quake2 on my system), with a slight increase in texture speed swapped to system mem (16 and 32MB). Quake2 fps went up in demo2 and crusher. Haven't had a chance to play with it long enough to see if it will still hang the system in Quake2 though.

------------------
    "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."
    "I wrestled with reality for 27 years and I'm happy to say I finally won out over it."

Comment

They have it listed under win2000 users also, hmm does it install under windows 2000?

------------------
      Win2k rocks!!! Now if only my chipset was not VIA !!!!!!!!
      Celeron II 566@ 952 on a Abit BE6 Rev 1, 128 Pc100, Matrox G450 32 DH, SBlive Value, Supra Express 56i ISA, all running on Win2k pro with other odds and ends

Comment

Nope, it doesn't work under Win 2K - a thread I saw in NT Compatible suggested that the links had been broken - pointing to the Win 98/NT 4.0 drivers and that today, the Link had been mended, and that indeed new WIn 2K drivers had been released. I've just tried it and have to report that it's bollocks - the drivers still don't work under Win 2K.

Since there are known issues with Via motherboards and Win 2K, I find it strange that VIA haven't responded in any way - even a message showeing that Via acknowledge the problems would be helpful.
        What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Working...
        X