Sound Problems With Marvell G400 TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Problems With Marvell G400 TV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    okay, I own the Matrox Marvell G400 TV and a Pentium 3 500 Mhz system with 128 MB RAM and a 13.6 GB HardDrive. My problem is this, for this project that I am doing, I need a song from a CD, so I record (not rip) the song of the CD into a WAV file (48,000 16bit mono--I don't have a stereo VCR) Then when it comes time to export it, I don't use the Marvel B-O-B, because that sound is horrible (even worse then what I am getting). So what I do, is hook the RCA cable to the Sound Out on my sound card (A sound blaster live value) and then I connect the other end to the audio in on my VCR (the video is handled by the Marvell B-O-B) So then I hit play on my movie and record on my VCR---The audio will play out fine on my TV while I am recording it to video, but when I disconnect from my computer, and play the tape I made, it sounds REALLY bad! It has a fizzle to it and is fuzzy---the only way you can here it, is to turn the volume WAY down... and then you can't hear the song. What is even worse, is that this presentation is going to be shown on this Sunday at my church through it's sound system which even makes it worse, cuz' it's louder than my TV. I don't know even if my problem is my VCR or tape, so what is it? How do I fix it? Does anyone else have a set up like me? Do you have the same problems?
    Thanks,
    Mark

It sounds like your sound card's output isn't outputting at line level. This explains the garbage youa re getting thru our BoB and also the garbage into your vcr.

If this is the case, you will have to run the sound card's output thru an amp and from the amp out into your vcr.

Or, use a splitter and connect your speaker out to your speakers and also to your vcr audio in both via the splitter.

Haig

Comment

I don't understand what you mean, do you mean I have to buy something else??? I don't really have any money. I had one guy suggest that it might be my video and audio card sharing an irq (which they are, but he didn't explain really how to fix it.) could this be the problem?

Thanks,
      MovieDirector

Comment

Working...
      X