Help with MarvelG200TV and Win2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with MarvelG200TV and Win2k

I have a Marvel G200 TV and am running Windows2000. When I installed the Matrox Power Desk driver 5.06 and rebooted, my monitor comes up black with a tiny red line (looks like 2 underscores) in the upper left and the system hangs. Booting in safe mode, I notice that in the Device Manager, Windows says "No driver installed for this device." In the driver info window, it knows the driver name and that Matrox Graphics made it, but no date is available.

The Windows provided driver works but the Matrox box is not detected with this driver.

Any ideas anyone? I'm really beating my head against the wall over this one.
    Thanks.

I just went through the arduous process myself.

Did you flash the video BIOS to the latest version? I had to do that to get my Marvel to work in the first place with my Epox motherboard (I had to flash the board, too, but all is now well).

My install went pretty well, so other than flashing the BIOS I don't have too many ideas for you. Did you try totally removing the video drivers and having it going again? I had an interesting problem with the Matrox TV software that was somewhat similar: After installing the NT5 Video Tools, running the program had the end result of rebooting my PC. On the second install, it went fine.

BTW, for anybody else reading: The volume control on the PC-VCR remote does not seem to do anything on my PC. Is this just a limitation of the beta?

-JC

Comment

New bios didn't change anything...thanks for the idea though.

The Vid Tools used to reboot my machine when I started them, but that could be related to using the MS driver (not it can't even detect the Matrox Box).

Argh...this is annoying !

Comment

Working...
      X