Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No DirectX AGP support with Asus P3V4X !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No DirectX AGP support with Asus P3V4X !!

Some strange problems with PD 5.52 and my new Asus P3V4X.

I am obliged to use VIA drivers 4.17 as 4.20 detects incorrectly the AGP aperture size and performs very badly in 3D.

Today, investigating how Messiah AGP texture option is greyed out, I discovered with DXDiag that AGP is not enabled !!

This is a problem of Matrox drivers because with the standard VGA drivers, DXDiag reports AGP is enabled and working.

Same results with Sandra.

Someone has a suggestion ?

Bye,

Wel maybe if you provided alittle more info about your setup it'd be easier to suggest possible problems and what not...

Since you have the VIA, and every one on this board with that combo says that the best drivers to use are the 5.30 drivers because of lockups and instabilities...

So you prolly have Bus Mastering off, or are sharing an IRQ, which kills bus mastering and which then leads to the AGP not being turned on because there is no IRQ...

Craig
    1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Thanks for suggestions but after some hours passed testing the board now I have clearer ideas about.

VIA AGP driver contained in 4.17 release works correctly detecting the right AGP aperture size and OpenGL games work nicely at a reasonable speed. Unfortunately this driver doesn't implement AGP in DirectX.
      You can check with DXDIAG.

VIA AGP driver contained in 4.20 release enables AGP under DirectX (it shows about 100 points more than 4.17 in 3DMark 2000) but detects incorrectly AGP aperture size and most OpenGL games crash.

Hope that VIA will release soon a new driver to correct these problems.

Bye,

Comment

Working...
      X