This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI Rage kills this G400

I had a Rage Fury 32mg and it kills this g400.
    2D about the same but in 3D no contest ATI rules, and the picture quailty is about the same. Using the latest drivers for Win98/Win2k..Are the ones on Matrox site, in fact the G400 is only about 5% faster than my
    old old G200

Then there is something WRONG with your system.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Let's see, what do we do with advice on this one? .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................. .................... [thinking here]
      .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................
      [shrug] I give up.

Anyone out there with a link to the ATi fori? If a renowned brand as ATi has fori nonetheless

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jord (edited 01 May 2000).]
      When I chose to go out
      I always leave the light on
      when I have to stay in,
      you always find me by the phone.

My friends tell me that I'm lucky,
      now that I'm living on my own,
      and while they've never been more right,
      can someone tell me when will love come home?

DJ Jean,- Love come home.

Comment

I also had a 32meg Rgae Fury some time back.
        It was a hunk of junk.
        The only good thing it could do was DVD/TV-out.
        Image quality on the desktop blew chunks, with random anomolies and font corruptions. 3D image was equally inferior, with a terribly "grainy" look to everything. If the picture quality looks the same to you, you must be using a small or old monitor, or not notice the details (or maybe your eyeglasses aren't strong enough ).

And if G400 is only going 5% faster than your G200, as Gurm said, there is something wrong with your system. Very possibly those Rage drivers still hanging around mucking things up like they always do...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

using performance test 2.0a
          ATI Rage was 94.3
          G400 is 95.6
          in 2D
          In 3D
          Ati Rage 613
          g400 441
          all of the above was done in Windows 2000
          Abit BX6 R2
          300a @ 450mhz
          128 ram

Numbers was different in win98 but ATI still
          ruled in 3D
          I removed all the ATI drivers and cleaned the
          registry.

Comment

If you use a cel300@450, it's possible.

Try with a PIII 500 or more and we'll see where the ATI will be.

G400 rely HEAVILY on processor power. Probably the ATI relies less on it.
            Athlon64 4800+
            Asus A8N deluxe
            2 gig munchkin ddr 500
            eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
            X-Fi Fatality
            HP w2207

Comment

Peformance test??? What kinda backwards benchmark is THAT? ATI sucks brother; I gave mine away for free after I bought a G400. And there is NO comparison. I guess as long as your happy with it.

The Rock
              Bart

Comment

Is this the ATI "Performance Test" that comes with the ATI card?

Hmm... let me think...

'Cuz I've never heard of it. I owned a Rage128. Nice card - if they ever could have fixed the desktop corruption and sucky 3d. Oh well.

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

what was that benchmarking program??
                  if you want to post something valid use a benchmarking system that works also using a program everyone is familiar wich helps a lot what was the program really comparing? what resolution? how is the score derived? seriously we don't even know if your program exists 5% increase from G200 this program has glitches.
                  -Chris K.

Comment

Okay, I tried to d/l this Performance Test from ATi's site, but couldn't find a link to it anywhere in there... Must be a well-hidden piece of software

I did see that ATi has no driver update for Windows 98 or SE or 2k before you ask. At least not for the Rage Fury 128, and not even for their MAXX. Think about that for a while...

Maybe we'll find this card soon in the Discontinued Products link? Who knows

So, if Ronnie could give us a link to the Performance Test 2.0a program, we could test our guts out for a while...

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

First I never said it came with the ATI
                      card, Second they ATI do have beta drivers just matrox for win2k.
                      http://www.passmark.com/
                      is the link for the benchmark program ver 2.0a
                      I'm using ver 1.0

Comment

I'n not tying to start anything just saying
                        how it runs on my system, the fact remains the Rage has better 3d performance than the G400 on my system. Weather you like to hear that or not..its true

Comment

PassMark is NOT a video card benchmarking program. Use a real program suck as 3Dmark 99/2000,Quake 3,Expendable,Forsaken.
                          C:\DOS
                          C:\DOS\RUN
                          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm
                            DosFreak maybe you'll get it now..dunno

Comment

Oh I did go to winmag and ran the online
                              benchmark (wintune) and there also the g400
                              was one of the lowest performance cards posted in 3D..Heh even on the Box of the Rage
                              Fury it says it out performs the G400 in 3D
                              what else can be said?? Face it you all amd myself got burned by matrox..BUt wait wait wait there is a Brand new G450 that rocks I mean rocks man it rocks it rocks ...drivers at eleven

Comment

Working...
                              X