Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my G400 worked for a week with a shared IRQ. but not since a few hours

I have a G4OO DH 32Mb,
    And the only way it worked was with a shared IRQ (Never alone) (the First PCI slot shares an IRQ with AGP !!!) and since yesterday evening, after testing it with 3dWinMark2000 it hanged for allways.
    Just as before with my G200 16Mb.

I've tested moving all my cards and reinstalling windows allmost every time, then I test with Q3, but OpenGL programs hangs allmost immediatly as sometimes do Direct3d stuff with strange horizontal lines and dots but network still works usually. My motherboard is a DFI P2XBL/D. with 2 Celerons o/c at 412.5 Mhz 128Mb of RAM an SB64PCI a SymbiosLogic SCSI card.... Only good and stable stuff...

Q3 only works with linux (no AGPGART however).

Please I need help !!! Either in English or in French

1. Try changing your memory leadoff settings in the BIOS. That worked for some people. Do a search for the funny horizontal line problem.

2. Try un-overclocking your machine.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

well...

what os are you using?

what's sharing with your g400?

what version of the g400 driver are you using?

------------------
      Glarec
      ------
      bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Glarec
      ------
      bp6-(2)433(oc488) celerons, g400max, ibm ultra scsi 9.1g, sb-live value, hitachi ss-753 19", plextor 32x, etc, etc, etc...

Comment

When I use Linux (Mandrake 7 with a 2 week-old GLX) everything is fine (it doesn't use AGP however)

But when I use Zindows 98 (first and second edition), everything goes fine until i use an OpenGL program (Quake3, ScreenSavers ...) And it Hangs in less than 5 seconds (either whith a black screen, but more often with horizontal lines and a repeating sound) and allmost never with Direct3d 7

UnderClocking is Useless... And Anyways I don't understand why It worked during a week with an overclocked CPU and G400 (SYSPLL=about 295Mhz) and hanged since i tried to bench it with 3dWinMark2000 ?!?!?!

(it was the first time i used more Windows than Linux since at least 2 years)

It shared IRQ 10 with my SB64PCI when I had my G200 (the seller told to try it in the first PCI slot and it worked), last week my brand new G400DH32 shared the same IRQ with my SMC 10/100 (digital chip) it worked perfectly until yesterday evening (I'm using a friends cable connection so i won't be here for long). And now i'm trying it with nothing (just Zindows PCI steering bullshit)

I've formatted 4 times and reinstalled windows 6 times !!! in a night

/* Finally it's maybe my motherboard's fault (the cheapiest Dual-Slot MB on the market) */

weird weird weird.....

Comment

I allmost forgot:

drivers 5.52.010 with and without TurboGL 1.30

And it's not a memory problem ( i've tried every setting in the slowest mode)

Comment

hanging with 3dwinmark2000 is a known problem with the program i think.

hanging with 3d programs can be due to a # of problems. despite what your 'salesman' (after all, they are 'salesmen' :P ) told you.. G400 doesn't like to share irq, especially in win95/98. there could be something wrong with the seating of your card, bus mastering problem, etc.

try to use the utilities in this site to force 1x agp and see if that helps. but then again, i would try to get the g400's irq by itself first and make sure the card is seated properly.

btw, i am not even going to ask you why you are using win98 with a dual board.

------------------
            Glarec
            ------

Glarec
            ------

Comment

It worked yesterday... and again with my SCSI sharing the IRQ (again), but hanged alone this morning ????

And sometimes I use Win98 to play Half-life (that's why)

I'm rid of it... i'll change my motherboard ... !!!! just to see (a bp6 !!!)

Comment

I agree, you should change your motherboard. I have always found in the past that cheap motherboards are just false economy. Running a company that specilises in building computers, I have come across many different motherboards over the years. Some have never run smoothly, other have been a dream to set up, some have never run properally at all.

Change your motherboard, it may change you're life, but before you do so

1. Check out the reviews of duel Celeron motherboards on the various Hardware related sites.

2. Only choose a motherboard for a well known manufactorer - ABIT, ASUS, TYAN, GIGABYTE etc.
                What do you want a signature for?

Comment

well.. a bp6 is not a bad board at all.. but then you are limiting yourself from future and hell.. current processors. the only dual you can get from bp6 is the old celeron in ppga form factors. currently it is not compatiable with the celeron II at all.. rumor has it that abit is going to have a new bios that would let bp6 to use celeron II, but nobody has yet to be able to enable dual processing with the celeron II.

good luck

------------------
                  Glarec
                  ------

Glarec
                  ------

Comment

Not at all, FCPGA to PPGA adpters for PIII exist for 20$ on bp6

Comment

there hasn't been anyone who can dual it yet.. and neo adapters cost $25 atm.. also, the celeron ii reviews has been pretty bad when they are compared to real cumines. *sigh* i am still waiting to see if they can get the cb0 stepping to dual yet. actually from what i heard at www.bp6.com forum, someone managed to dual a pair of 750's with neo adapters. but then again, they are very expensive atm and the neo adapters are another $50 additional cost. AND celeron II are for sure no dual. but there's always hope.

------------------
                      Glarec
                      ------

Glarec
                      ------

Comment

Working...
                      X