which G400 Max drivers should I use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which G400 Max drivers should I use

I downloaded the certified 5.20 drivers and see there is a beta 5.95 driver on the matrox websight.I get a lockup every once in a while when the computer is idle with the screensaver on for a while.I have the p3v4x board with a 733 chip and 128mb dram.I upped the bios on the mob to the 1.03 bios and am using the 4.17 drivers(agp driver and irq routing only).Does anyone else have this problem.Thx for any input. G.J

The latest pd is 5.52 and this is the one to use. http://www.murc.ws/Driver/Win9x.html
    On the same page as the 5.52 download,you'll see the uninstaller utility listed to the right.If you don't already have it,download that as well.
    Uninstall the old drives prior to installing the new ones.

Comment

gjpermit
      Prolly your best bet with that MoBo is to use the 5.30 drivers.. the 5.52 drivers don't seem to work for the VIA133a comunity on this Msg. board...

there is also alot of tweaking involved with which VIA GART driver you have and what not...
      there is a few threads on here addressing this problem, they usually surround the TurboGL 1.3 driver and the VIA133a boards...

Craig
      UpDate: check out this forum thread, it should shed some light on what you should use...
      http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/008445.html

[This message has been edited by Stringy (edited 30 April 2000).]
      1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

Odd. I don't get any freezes when I leave my machine to itself for long periods of time (what, you turn yours off when sleeping?).

I don't use a screensaver, as I prefer to just turn the monitors off when I'm away for extended periods of time.

Right now, I'm using:

- PD 5.30
        - TurboGL 1.30 or the one that came with 5.30
        - AGP driver 4.20 (version 4.00)

This seems about as solid as it's going to get for a while with this board. I didn't know they had released bayta drivers. I'll have to give them a try before I remove the P3V4X and switch back to the P3B-F.
        The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
        The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
        The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Working...
        X