Iiyama settings with Matrox g400 mill.Max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iiyama settings with Matrox g400 mill.Max

Could someone give me some suggestions on what settings I should have .I have a Iiyama 21" visionmaster model 510pro A201ht and Matrox g400 mill Max.Im new at building and have just finished my first build.I have the display settings at 800x600.The picture doesnt seem very clear and the color isnt the greatest.I dont play many games but I want to watch Dvd movies and surf the web for some high graphic weather related pages.The manual does not make any suggestions.If I change the monitor setting to the next level,the text gets pretty small.Is there a way to enlarge the text to compensate for this.Any help for a new learner would be really appreciated. Thanks again G.Jensen

Yep just going to control panel and display settings and under appearance you should be able alter the font size to hearts content.
    If things are blurry it maybe worth checking out the refresh rates. At 800 X 600 the display should be clear as anything with a 21" unless something is knackered.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm guessing you're using windows9x/2k.

You can choose the font size in the display properties. Just choose the settings tab and click on the advanced button. While you're there click on the monitor tab and load the correct monitor configuration from the disk that came with the monitor, if you haven't done so already. Allthough it does sound like a bigger problem because especially at 800x600 the picture should be extremely clear and the color fantastic.

Comment

And here is a monitor customization file for powerdesk 5 that I've made:

iiyama_a201ht.zip

Comment

Also make sure windows has detected your monitor properly,so the proper drivers have been loaded for it.

Comment

Thanks for your input all.I uninstalled the older version of the Matroxs drivers and put in the new and the resolution is much better.I have it set at 800x600,16 bit high color.Should I change this to 24 or 32 bit true color or is it best to leave it alone.Thanks again for any input G J

Comment

With a G400MAX? 32bit all the way. Don't use 24bit though.

Comment

Thx Ill give that a try.I left the computer on yesterday and it went to the screensaver and about a half hour later the screen was all screwed up with distortion and lines and was locked up.I shut it down and as it shut down ,it went to the windows 98 logo and then shut down normally.Strange.I thought it might be overheating,but I dont think it would have shut down with a clear windows logo.I have the p3v4x board with the 733 fcpga.I already upgraded the bios to 1.03 and assigned my own irqs.I also disabled all the component temperture monitors in bios because of other problem post.Who knows,maybe just a corupt screensaver file in windows. Thx again G.J

Comment

Working...
                X