G400 2x/1x problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 2x/1x problem

okay this might sound old to most of u guys here but. ITs a problem i've yet to solve since last year when i got this card.

my g400 wont be able to run on 2x agp either wif abit be6 or msi bx master.sigh..only on 1x. if it is set to 2x,the images will become garbled,wierd lines appearing,hang ups.

system as below

p3 500 @ 610 (even if i did not o/c the problem still exist)
    128 hyundai w/ecc
    ibm 13.5
    BX master
    G400 D/H (sigh)
    other things are,
    yama 6416 scsi cdrw
    52x aopen cd rom
    10x pioneer dvd
    diamond mx 400

and i supposed the rest like printer,zip are not relevant.so i shall skip it.

g400 on irq 10 no conflicts whatso ever and definately not sharing wif another.

anyone please?
    forcing 2x wif utilities and the reghack wont help either. still hangs.

P3 500@550,BE6,128 Hyundai pc100 ram,13.5 IBM 22GXP,YAMAHA 6416 CD-RW,G400 D/H,DIAMOND MX300,1 Alpha 125,2 Twin turbo,3 small fans and a champainge gold casing =)

First, and foremost, the fact that you are running in 1xAGP mode is not a big deal. The performance difference from 1x to 2x is almost non-existant in a few apps, and totally non-existant in the majority of apps. It's nothing to loose any sleep over.

If the card is not running in 2x, it's because your system failed the Matrox drivers read/write test when windows booted up. This indicates bus noise of some sort. Since you have tried 2 different motherboards (both BX based), the cause is most likely in some other component.

First thing I would do is pull all cards except for the G400. If it kicks into 2x, add the cards back in one by one until you find the culprit.

If that doesn't do it, it's a matter of swapping out parts to figure out where the noise is. First part I would swap out would be the RAM. Then the power supply.

If it doesn't work with any of the above suggestions, RMA the G400, and try another one of those. It's still under warranty, and Matrox will RMA it if you contact their tech support department.

Or just deal with the fact that 1x/2x/4x is all marketing hype, and that 1x is plenty for any app/game on the market today...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

To kruzin:

1st of all i wanna apologise for the repeated Post. *oops*

2ndly..i think i'll live wif 1x..no big deal.dun really wanna go tru all that trouble just to get 2x. just wanna know if this prob has a solution since last year.

last of all. Thanks for the info.

cheers.

P3 500@550,BE6,128 Hyundai pc100 ram,13.5 IBM 22GXP,YAMAHA 6416 CD-RW,G400 D/H,DIAMOND MX300,1 Alpha 125,2 Twin turbo,3 small fans and a champainge gold casing =)

Comment

Working...
      X