G200SD PCI and Voodoo2 combined ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200SD PCI and Voodoo2 combined ?

If I put tese two cards in my system and hook them together will the Matrox card actually do any 3D rendering, or will it leave the entire workload to the Voodoo2 when doing something like playing Q2 ?

Seeing as they're both VERY different chipsets I'm wondering how/if this will work.

It will work fine.
    What card any particular application/game uses will depend on how things are set up.
    Once the Voodoo is installed, it will want to do all 3D. If you want to use the G200 for Direct3D (which I suggest), go to the Voodoo's properties and disable it's D3D. This will allow G200 to do D3D and the Voodoo for Glide stuff.

Some games will also give you options on which card to use in their options menus...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanx !

My old combo of an ATI RAGEII 4MB and the Voodoo2 12MB really bummed me out since I couldn't run BeOS 'cept in an eye-killing 60hz default dummy-mode!! but it looks like I have the best of both worlds now since I can still reap some benefits from the good 'ol Voodoo2 while enjoying everything the G200 does well (including run BeOS in all it's glory).

-I'll celebrate by whacking my ATI card with a hammer !!!

***Which reminds me...My G200SD PCI card runs fine in the new BeOS although I've heard that some people have had no luck with them.

Now where did I put that hammer ?

Thanx & regards,
      Krusty.

Thanx.

Comment

Working...
      X