Matrox (finally) announces G450 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox (finally) announces G450 !!!

Just as expected, Matrox made their press release for Tuesday...and it's Tuesday in AntLand, so check out MURC's news for the scoop
    www.murc.ws
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

And now let the rants begin for the G800.

Thanks Kenny, and thanks Matrox for finally responding...
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Hmmm, what time zone are you in? Thanks for the fast posting! I hope (haha, silly me) Matrox reveals some details on core speed and memory. Maybe, just maybe, since the g800 will be a "gamers" card, Matrox will pump up the volume before they announce it (and then state that it won't actually be in shipping products till 2001).

-AJ

Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

This card looks great. I say that in perspective in which it is released. Matrox has refined the G400 and this is it. The statement in the release that says it is not a Gamers card makes the world of difference. But I asked myself then, is the G400/Max a gamers card then? MMMM... Oh well. When yields develope and the card is available, it will be a great 125.00-150.00 card. This coming Fall.

Comment

It'll be a good card to use on my music production machine, but I doubt it'll go in my gaming rig.

------------------
          PIII 650E at 805Mhz, G400Max, Asus P3B-F (ain't none better!), 384MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.
          PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

I was hoping that they would ship a little earlier. By the time they ship, I'll be able to afford a MAX anyway, although I'll probably buy a G450, then G800 at Xmas
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Hmm, I'm kinda disappointed. I was hoping for the g450 around april then that would allow the g800 to be around sept. With the announcement of the g450 second half of 2000. I don't forsee the g800 making it this year. Please Matrox don't force me to buy a nv15/nv20 come sept. The g450 is not enough of an improvement to produce IMHO. I can't wait until early 2001 for a next gen Matrox card.
              Asus K7V
              Athlon 700
              128mb PC133 HSDRAM
              Matrox Millennium g400max
              Adaptec 2940U2W
              IBM 9gb U2W
              Plextor 8/20 cdr
              Diamond MX300
              3com 905b-tx

Comment

I'm rather miffed that they went with 64bit memory instead of 128bit. Memory bandwidth is the major limitation of today's gaming cards and Matrox has done nothing to alleviate those problems. It should have been 150mhz DDR SDRAM at 128bits.

Comment

Funny there not supposed to be pushing as a gaming card then keep on going on about what gaming effects it has.
                  Basically it's just a stop gap card until the G800 hits the shelfs.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The best damn part is the increased 2nd RAMDAC. Its all about Dual 19inch monitors in 1600x1200 at like 85Hz! Muahahhaha

And the fact that it will probably have about a 200mHz Core. Check out anouther preview here:
                    <a href="http://www.tweak3d.net/reviews/matrox/g450/" target="_blank">www.tweak3d.net/reviews/matrox/g450/</a>

I helped a little on this, so if anyone see's any obvious error's or misconception feel free to email/post them. Damn I'm sooooooo happy.
                    Go Matrox.
                    BTW the GeForce2 GTS aint all that and a bag a chips, but it sure is fast.... Image quaility is much improved in UT also...

------------------
                    PIII 450 @ 504
                    generic BX motherboard
                    G400 MAX : )
                    GlobalWin VOS32!
                    Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 33
                    Maxtor 13 gig UDMA 66
                    Creative 36x CD-ROM
                    96 megs PC100 RAM
                    128 megs PC133 ECC RAM
                    NetGear 10/100
                    Soundblaster 32 AWE
                    Diamond SupraExpress 56k
                    Logitech Wireless Desktop (best $50 ive ever spent)
                    1 92mm Sunon Fan
                    4 80mm Sunon Fan's

[This message has been edited by Dyre (edited 25 April 2000).]

Comment

Can't find the press release on Matrox's site. Can someone point me to it ?

Comment

That's clever. Spend 3 years doing your darn best to alienate all the business users, then market your next chip as a business solution.

Wonder if we'll see some new resources thrown at the NT / Windows 2000 drivers?

Paul

[This message has been edited by PaulS (edited 25 April 2000).]

Comment

Can somebody explain to me what's so very hot about G450's DDR memory, as long as it's hooked to a 64bit memory interface? This would make it only marginally more efficient than the 128bit interface of the usual SGRAM, woudln't it?

[This message has been edited by Livius (edited 25 April 2000).]
                          Asus A7V, Duron 600@900, 192MB PC133@100, G200, Guillemot MUSE, etc.

Comment

Livius : the 64bit DDR memory interface doesn't improve bandwidth, but rather decreases the cost for the PCB. It looks like the main goal of the G450 is to be a less expensive version of the G400 for OEMs.

------------------
                            Corwin the Brute

Corwin the Brute

Comment

"not a NEW gaming solution"

Comment

Working...
                              X