bah! G450 "2nd half" !!! screw it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bah! G450 "2nd half" !!! screw it!

Well, if the G450 isn't to be out until the second half, then who cares about this product.

Oh well, at least they admit that it's for "business use."

Guess I'll bite the bullet and replace my G200 w/ a G400.

By the way- don't forget that for Matrox, "2nd half" means availability* on December 31st....

*meaning when you and I can get one

Comment

*meaning when you and I can get one
      that brings up a question i've been meaning to ask now that it's officially announced...

how many of you BBs have G450s and for how many months have you had them?

Comment

The BBs do not have G450s yet. We are supposed to get them, but it probably won't be till much closer to the actual release...they don't give us beta boards, they give us first batch final boards...after all, we are beta DRIVER testers, not beta hardware testers ...
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I didn't realize that. I thought y'all did hardware too.

Comment

Kruzin's right - although we did get the G400's 4 months or so before they were widely available, it was a final revision board. I believe that the video capture BBs test early hardware because of the complexity of it all.
            I think we'll get the G450's much closer to the real date this time though as the G450 is not as radicala new design as the G400.

(Although we don't get them sent till after they've been sitting on Haig's desk for a few days while he toys with us... )

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Working...
            X