Why only 1x AGP on my G400max with Asus P5a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why only 1x AGP on my G400max with Asus P5a

If i install win 98, and run a program called PCIlist, it will detect my AGP bus as 2x, but when i install PD 5,50 and TurboGl 1,3 and my Asus AGP driver (ver. 1,54e) my system turns to 1x AGP ???? WHY !
    I have enabled TurboAGPmode in my Bios, but the agp bus still runs 1x ???
    Please help me!!
    I have tried to install another system which runs with K6-2 350mhz wit a G400 SH 16mb, it makes the same bug when the PD 5,50 +Tgl 1,30 were installed ???
    Im running with K6-III 450mhz, 128mb ram, Asus P5a, Tekram SCSI controller + IBM scsi hd + Plextor SCSI recorder and SCSi cd-drive, Aureal 3D soundcard, G400max with an Eizo 17" monitor.. guys' ..wow!
    Athlon Thunderbird@ 918mhz
    128 megs ram PC133
    Asus A7V
    G400MAX (not o/c)
    Eizo F55s
    PLexwriter + Ultraplex cd-drive!
    SCSI hd's...

Heh...you must be new around here. Who's gonna break the news to kumse about 2x and SS7?

[This message has been edited by EchoWars (edited 24 April 2000).]

Comment

Download and install the latest ALi AGP driver (v1.65). It fixes some compatibility issues with the G400 and also includes a small utility to change your AGP settings.

You can find the driver at: http://www.ali.com.tw/

--
      Anthony

Comment

i've found that installing the VIA agp drivers in turbo (2x) mode right before installing the matrox drivers usually makes the g200 marvel recognize 2x. i'm trouble-shooting a friend's system. it's an fic pa-2013 with via chipset. i think that it could be a solution for you. maybe ALI has drivers like that. also, try installing the new drivers without un-installing the old ones, after installing the AGP driver for the chipset

Comment

Kumse I had this problem some while ago, and fortunately it was solved very quickly

To see the thread from then just go to this url, if you still have any problems feel free to contact me, and btw you should absolutely upgrade your agpdriver to 1.65
          http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/004020.html

Regards
          Grego

Jeg så lige du bor i Danmark, agp2x kan sagtens lade sig gøre på asus p5a, det er et fremragende bundkort, men der er en del problemer på andre ss7 kort, så det er et heldigt valg

[This message has been edited by Grego (edited 25 April 2000).]
          System:
          Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
          AMD Thunderbird 800
          SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
          Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
          LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
          IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
          Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
          WinME
          directx 8.0a
          384mb pc133

Comment

mens jeg husker det, du skal ALTID fjerne de gamle matrox drivere før du installerer de nye, alt andet vel være en opfordring til problemer!!!

------------------
            Some mother****ers are always trying to iceskate uphill..

System:
            Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
            AMD Thunderbird 800
            SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
            Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
            LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
            IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
            Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
            WinME
            directx 8.0a
            384mb pc133

Comment