so is the G450 dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so is the G450 dead?

Don't really understand what was meant by the post on 3Dchipset.com on the G450- it was rather vague. Is the G450 dead or will it be released at some point?

Anyone know?

I'm still wondering if the G450 will be released in the same manner that the G250 was.

Comment

Have you ever known Matrox to do anything on time?

Comment

Yea...I've known them to be on time.

They're never late for their BBQ parties at their fancy swimming pool area, or for hockey games at their new ice rink.

Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

so is the G450 dead?
          Was it ever alive?

Comment

And does anyone really care? A half-hundred release (GX50), coming at about the time when a fullly new release is due-- is even less than "completely uninteresting", imo....

-------------------
            Holly

Comment

If it's true the G800 might be out in June, it might be a tough call for me. The only reason I might be interested in the G450 is that I run several Oses in addition to Win2K- Solaris, FreeBSD, BeOS. These are all already compatible w/ the G400 and so would be compatible w/ the G450. Probably not so with the G800. These "alternative" OSes are often not too quick to provide drivers- especially between version releases.

Been wanting to chuck my G200... I can't figure out when to do it!

Comment

Id like to see a G450, because the DDR Ram would be nice as would the .18m core.

Even nicer are the rumors of a faster secondary RAMDAC. Can anyone say Dual 19"!!!!!

Comment

Sure a G450 (or even G800) would be nice, but I'm quite happy with my G400 Max for the time being - it still performs very well indeed.

Comment

I would love the G450 to be released for selfish reasons. It would probably mean that I could buy a MAX for sub $150. I don't need anything better, I've seen one in action and that's enough for me. If all goes as planned, I'll be well able to afford a G800 when it ships, but I'd love to get a MAX in a month or so, but can't afford to spend $189
                    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

It doesn't look like the G800 will ship in June (single chip or dual) from what I've read here and elsewhere - seems like Q4 will be the target, maybe competitive pressure will speed that up a bit (but from what others more familar with Matrox post, don't count on it!).

In that light, the G450 becomes a must for Matrox, just to have a reasonable product to carry them over till the G800.

-AJ
                      Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

>8~)

Comment

Is this a smiley? I've never seen this emoticon before!

-AJ
                          Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

Chipspec announcement is scheduled for Tuesday April 25...lets just wait and see...
                            Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
                            CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
                            Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Perhaps they'd be better putting all the effort into the G800. How many here will wait for it anyway?
                              Rare posting inbetween the server error messages.
                              Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                              X