What to do when your MAX dies on you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when your MAX dies on you?

Well if happened to me last night. I don't know how, but the MAX stopped showing pretty colors on my screen. I was playing UT on the server and the system froze. Went to reboot, no video just that dreaded no video beep code. Stuck in my old old old Voodoo3 3000, and I got video. How long will it take to get this MAX fixed you think? Or should I just wait til the newer cards come out?
    PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Send us an email with the following info and we'll process the rma for you:

full name
    mailing address
    phone #
    fax #
    email address
    model #
    serial #
    the description of the problem

PS: Do not say "it's dead" Just explain what happened.

Haig

Comment

let me guess...
      overclocked it a bit too much? hehe

Comment

Have you tried the bios recovery boot diskette (available at matrox downloads). It revived my G400 from having no video at boot.

mikko

Comment

what have you done?
          I got the same (no video signal) and after the recovery it ran's only in standard VGA and I can't install new driver:-((

Comment

I never overclocked ther MAX just my system. As as what happened, I blame it all on Unreal TOurnament and Win2K, I was playing on the server then BOOM@#@#$%#$#!!!!, everything crashed, started up again and no video. Who knows what happened. I've got the Voodoo3 in no which is working ok so i'm gonna leave it in til the G800 comes out, Figured it's not worth the hassle and price of shipping to have it fixed. If I crave the Matrox fix I can always use my old Singlehead version, but it's only got 16MB ram on it.

------------------
            PIII 650E at 805Mhz, G400Max, Asus P3B-F (ain't none better!), 384MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.
            PIII 600E at 800Mhz, Waiting for G800, til then Voodoo3 3000, Asus P3B-F at 133FSB (ain't none better!), 256MB PC133 Memory, 2 Seagate 18GB Cheeeeetazzzz.

Comment

Working...
            X