Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Max, Win2000 and DVD

No.

Oh, were you looking for a longer more helpful answer? Ok!

The only DVD players (so far) that run in Win2k are PowerDVD and WinDVD 2000. There is rumoured to be a version of Software Cinemaster (upon which the Matrox player is based) that runs under Win2k but I haven't seen it yet (haven't looked, either - so it might be out). If you can find the Cinemaster, it's prolly the best, otherwise suffer with one of the others in the meantime.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Thanks. I am already using Powerdvd, but it is not nearly as good as the Matrox-player was under win 98.

Comment

G400Max, Win2000 and DVD

Is there a way to make the Matrox DVD-player work under windows 2000?

Comment

PowerDVD 2.55 if you look at the config, Information tab, does it show Video Accelerator: Not Detected??

It does on mine, and while I can play dvd's, I get no acceleration, meaning I lose almost one in every two frames!

However, I know for a fact that the DX7 is functional, since I can run Winbench2000 quality/perf tests without any problems and with graphics acceleration.

Perhaps the fault is not in the dvd software but in the G400 drivers???

w2k svr 2195, Cel466, Asus P2B, 256 sdram, G400MAX, 5.03PD.

[This message has been edited by jasonfrank (edited 17 April 2000).]

Comment

It is possible to run the Matrox DVD-player in Win2K!

I have not done this myself, but two of my friends has the player up and running.

What you need to do/get is:

Get a recent version of the disc supplied with the G400.

DON'T outorun the CD, or the setup will identify NT, wich is BAD!
          Instead find the setup for the DVD-player specifically. My friend tried to remember where he found the setup, and told me "probably somwhere under the win98 directory."
          Don't kill me if I'm not very exact, but IT IS POSSIBLE TO RUN THE DVD-PLAYER UNDER WIN2K.

[This message has been edited by PeterJ (edited 19 April 2000).]

Comment

Working...
          X