WinDVD and DVDMax doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinDVD and DVDMax doesn't work

Hi. I browsed through the postings and found dozends of references to people using WinDVD with DVDMax. I tried almost every available demo version of WinDVD but can't get it to display anything.
    When i start WinDVD it opens a window and displays a macovision warning. After that it plays the FBI warning to the tv when available. Then it resizes the window for the movie and after that i only get a black window.
    From the FAQ WinDVD displays only a black screen when there's no macrovision hardware availbale (very clever, a popup dialog would be much to informative). I don't understand this as the g400 definitively has macrovision support and a lot of people use WinDVD with DVDMax. And even when i disable dual head i don't get a picture.
    So what am i doing wrong?

Although I have no clue which OS/driver version you are using, I'm using Win2k final release with v5.03 of the Matrox Drivers. I'm using WinDVD 1.3.5.

I had similar problems with both 1.3.5 and WinDVD 2000. When I started a movie it would go through the legal stuff then it would being the audio track, however the audio would be messed up and I would not get a picture, or I would continue to see the legal stuff. Using the built-in Win2k DVD front-end it worked just fine, so there was something amok with WinDVD. I had this problem both with and without DualHead enabled.

The Fix? Dunno, used the built-in one for a couple weeks then tried WinDVD again and voila, it worked and has worked since. Funny thing, though, is that when I installed WinDVD it worked the first time I tried it. Later that day, however, it didn't work, and continued to not work for ~2 weeks.

Dunno that this helps, but maybe someone else has experienced similar and has a better fix?
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Maybe the installation was faulty. If I were in your position, I would delete the WinDVD and the Matrox drivers and reinstall everything, not including the Cinemaster DVD player.

Comment

Working...
      X